Spell

Jiang Cheng cried. “I’m fine. I’m fine now. My subordinates found me – “ he told Lan Xichen. “I came here to save you.” He said and cupped Lan Xichen’s face.

After not seeing Lan Xichen for days, he began to feel anxious and missed him. Just as he was to leave and find the man, he received the man’s letter telling him he went to subdue the strange corpse they found. He sighed, then smiled as he found a chance to clear all their misunderstandings. However, he didn’t expect to be knocked out just as he reached the entrance of the village. Then he lived just like the villagers until his subordinates found him.

“What happened to you? You were plotted, too?” he asked as he applied medicine on Lan Xichen’s wounds and took out food from his dimensional pouch.

Lan Xichen coughed after he drank water. “I was looking for you in this mountain when I felt someone pushed me.” He said. “Then I woke up and looked for a cave to rest. However, just as I rest I found you bringing me food and water. I noticed you were under a spell. And so, every full moon when the energy is strong, I play a song for you hoping you wake up from the spell, and that you could leave here.” He explained, then touched Jiang Cheng’s cheek. He wiped his tears with his thumb. “It’s fine as long as you are fine – “ he said.

Jiang Cheng, his emotions raging, didn’t let Lan Xichen speak more and kissed him.

Lan Xichen’s eyes went wide, then he smiled. He dared kiss me yet he’s inexperienced. He thought as he let Jiang Cheng clumsily kiss him. Wanyin… he thought as he closed his eyes and felt Jiang Cheng’s warmth. Ah… he feels home… he thought as he bit Jiang Cheng’s neck.

Jiang Cheng groaned, then his eyes went wide. He felt his face went red and saw Lan Xichen’s hands are undressing him. “Y-your wounds…” he called.

However, Lan Xichen didn’t stop. “They’re just scratches.” He answered as he wrapped his arms around Jiang Cheng’s waist under the clothes, feeling Jiang Cheng’s body. “Wanyin…” he called, feeling drunk as he stared at Jiang Cheng’s blushing face. Yet he’s vey sober right now. “I love you.” He told him.

Jiang Cheng’s heart skipped a beat. He looked at Lan Xichen and, feeling dazed, he opened his mouth as he leaned towards Lan Xichen’s face, repeating the words he wrote on the letter.

“I love you, too, Lan Huan.”

That night of full moon, the melody can only be heard on the cave where the two people entangled inside.

Village’s entrance.

Wei Wuxian frowned when they saw the village. “Are you mocking me?” he asked, pissed.

The YunmengJiang disciples didn’t dare point out that the village is real. “Shall we go see inside…?” they cautiously asked.

However, before any of them could answer, a person came out. “The village chief?” Wei Wuxian guessed seeing the elder.

The elder looked calm. “What are you here for?” he asked.

However, Wei Wuxian’s nose caught a smell. “…  corpse.” Wei Wuxian said, his face serious.

“What?!” Jin Ling said and warily looked at the old man and held the hilt of his sword.

“Not him.” Wei Wuxian stopped Jin Ling as the YunmengJiang Sect disciples surrounded Jin Ling protectively.

The village chief’s face sank. “You are indeed the Yiling Patriarch.” He just said and walked inside the village.

It is still early in the night yet he whole village is as quiet as a graveyard. They found out why when they saw the villagers silently peeking on the space between their windows, cowering. However, their fearful eyes are not on them – the strangers, but on the village chief.

Lan Wangji’s face went serious. “You are housing a corpse?” he asked.

They all looked at the village chief.

“What? But we haven’t seen it on his house!” the disciples exclaimed. They’ve been here once when they retrieved their sect leader.

“Not on his house.” Wei Wuxian said and turned to look at the mountain.

The village chief’s face went dark. “As expected of the Yiling Patriarch – “ he said as he took out something from his pocket.

It was unexpected. The village chief blew on the whistle. Jin Ling, the one nearest on the village chief, immediately grabbed the whistle and dropped it on the ground.

Seeing it, Wei Wuxian’s face turned ugly. He saw the villagers cowered behind their door. It was the Soul-calling Whistle. It serves as a beckoning device for the corpses, or sometimes serves to agitate them. The inventor – no need to ask. He grabbed the village chief by the collar.

“Let’s go to the mountain!” Wei Wuxian said as Lan Wangji and the others hopped on their sword.

“It’s too late. That gentleman in the mountain will die.” The village chief said. “If you just didn’t find out about my family… luckily for your sect leader, you found him.” He told the YunmengJiang sect disciples.

“What?! You plan to feed our sect leader to the corpses?!” they said, wanting to beat up the elder.

“Wait. What gentleman?!” Jin Ling asked. “How about my aunt?!” he adder, confused. I thought my uncle’s with a woman… turned out it was a man?! And… wait. Uncle didn’t mention it was a woman. But, uncle’s with a man…

“A gentleman. Knows our sect leader. And playing a melody…” the disciples said, listing the clues to the identity of Lan Xichen. They looked at Lan Wangji who’s flying faster and seemed in a rush to get to the peak of the mountain. Does that gentleman… wears a forehead ribbon and white clothes? They thought, no need to guess.

Jiang Cheng is brothers with Wei Wuxian, and Wei Wuxian’s husband is Lan Wangji. And so the person, aside Wei Wuxian, who’s closest, next to Jin Ling – whose Jiang Cheng’s nephew, to Jiang Cheng could only be Lan Xichen – Jiang Cheng’s ‘brother-in-law’.

They all saw three to five corpses at the opening of the cave. They wanted to enter the cave, but stopped because of the fire blocking the cave. “It’s Jiang Cheng – “ Wei Wuxian said.

“Uncle!” Jin Ling cried. “Ah.” He said when the corpses turned to them just as they landed.

The disciples raised their sword. “Protect young master Jin! Save sect leader!” they cried as they ran towards the corpses.

“No!” the village chief cried, but can’t do anything since Wei Wuxian is holding him by the collar. “My daughter… my grandchildren…” he cried and wailed.

Wei Wuxian dropped him on the ground. “I understand you keeping them as corpses instead of letting them go and be gone. However – “ he said, serious. “ – the moment they died they were already gone. You should’ve buried them to make them return to your land.” He said, then watched as the last corpse fell.

The village chief just continued to cry.

“Sect leader! Zewu-jun!” the disciples called when they saw Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen coming out of the cave.

“Wangji.” Lan Xichen called and smiled when he saw his brother.

“Ah Ling?” Jiang Cheng frowned when he saw Jin Ling.

It seemed like everything’s over now –

“Uncle!” Jin Ling called, mirroring his uncle’s frown. He asked in confusion. “I thought you went to find me an aunt?” he asked.

Seems like… it’s still not over yet.

(A/N: it’s really all over now. Next one will be an extra. 😂 I hope you liked this!)