Trap

“Lan Xichen – “ Jiang Cheng muttered under his breath as he looked at the mountain before him. He caught his breath as he started to climb the mountain. Just as his memories started to return to him –

Months ago –

“I like you – “ Lan Xichen said as he looked at him straight in the eyes. “ – Wanyin.” He said.

He didn’t even call him ‘sect leader Jiang’. “Why?” Jiang Cheng calmly asked.

“I’ve been in love with you since the first time I met you.” Lan Xichen answered.

Jiang Cheng’s face is blank. “I’m sorr –“

Lan Xichen cut him off. “You’re in love with young master Wei.” He said and looked at him bitterly.
Jiang Cheng didn’t answer.

Lan Xichen forced a smile. “I understand.” He said. “I hope this matter would not change what’s between us, sect leader Jiang.” He said and bowed, then left. His back looking desolate.

Jiang Cheng have noticed Lan Xichen’s action in the past. He must have really liked him, since he’s been more than attentive to him. However –

“He likes Jin Guangyao, not me.” He muttered, then left.

He admit. He likes the guy. Who wouldn’t? Lan Xichen is the most handsome cultivator. He has a good family background and sect. He has a good upbringing, and his personality is good. He’s perfect.

However, perfection isn’t what Jiang Cheng would like to have. No matter how perfect you are, but if this heart wouldn’t beat for you then it wouldn’t. Yes. Jiang Cheng only likes Lan Xichen, not love. As to what Lan Xichen said Jiang Cheng is still in love with Wei Wuxian…

“… am I still…?” he muttered as he stopped. Then, he bitterly smiled. “And so if I do? That doesn’t stop me from not liking you.” He said and chuckled, a humorless chuckle. “Emotions… they’re more complicated than humans. Or…” he said. “… they’re what makes the humans complicated. Entangled with emotions… you can fly straight to heaven, or drown towards the hell.”

Just as what Lan Xichen said, nothing seemed to change between them sect leaders. Nothing, except that Lan Xichen is frequently calling for him for business purposes. It was fine since it is business. But what’s not fine is that they’re seeing each other everyday, and during ungodly hours. He already told Lan Xichen about this, but what the guy shamelessly answered is that Nie Huaisang is not reliable too much as a sect leader and to handle this business.

Jiang Cheng thought, can he say those words in front of his sworn brother’s grave?! (Ref. to NMJ)

Speaking of sworn brothers…

“Are you sure you’re not mistaking me for Jin Guangyao?” Jiang Cheng asked one time they’re on their way back to Lotus Pier. Lan Xichen said he wants to deliver him safe to his home, then go straight to his own home.

Lan Xichen looked at him, then smiled. “Wanyin, are you jealous~?” he asked and smiled, so brightly it could illuminate the dark sky.

Jiang Cheng is glad its dark so Lan Xichen can’t see him blush. “Why should I?!” he snapped.

Lan Xichen chuckled, then said in a serious voice. “I liked A-Yao, but only as a friend, a confidant.” He said. “I’ve never thought of him to be my lover.” He said.

Jiang Cheng didn’t answer. But, that night he invited him to his home. That night, it seemed like something has changed between them, but also not. The next day… there’s no next day.

“Haaa…” Jiang Cheng gasped as he reached the mountain peak. “Lan Xichen…” he called under his breath as he looked at the small cave dimly lit.

Lan Xichen’s letter arrived. And Jiang Cheng became puzzled with his words. Why does Lan Xichen made him sound like he’s hung up of his (LXC) relationship with Jin Guangyao? Could it be that there’s really something between the two? This made him unhappy.

Last night, he thought that everything is clear between them two. He looked at the letter in his hands, bitterness in his eyes and a tear fell on the letter.

I love you, Wanyin.

“I love you, too, Lan Huan.” He said as he read the words he wrote beside Lan Xichen’s words.

He didn’t see him that day, nor did he read any letters coming from the man. And then –

“Lan… Xichen…” Jiang Cheng called as he looked at the man sitting on the ground as he leaned on the cave’s wall. His snow white robe is full of dirt, and he has some wounds. “Lan Huan…” he called as his tears fell and he ran towards Lan Xichen and hugged him tight.

“Wanyin…?” Lan Xichen called, in a daze. “You came back here again…” he said and smiled. “I already told you not to come back here. As long as you can escape from the spell, it’s fine for me.” He whispered, his voice weak.

That day, Lan Xichen received a letter from Jiang Cheng telling him to come to the village where they last saw the strange corpses. And so Lan Xichen did.

He didn’t know it was a trap.

(A/N: gee. I didn’t see this coming 😂😂😂)