Letters

That man doesn’t only knew him, but is also familiar with him.

“I’m sorry, uncle.” Jin Ling said and lowered his head, apologetic. “I don’t spend time with uncle lately, that’s why…” he said, his eyes tearful.

Jiang Cheng wanted to grimace but held himself back. “It’s nothing.” He said. “I’d figure this out once I recover all of my memories during that incident.” He told him to appease the youth.

Jin Ling nodded and left the room, downcast.

Jiang Cheng sighed, then focused on the paperwork. He wanted to try his luck, yet seemed like he’s unlucky. Just who was that man…? He thought as his hand slipped on the table. He turned and saw an envelope. It was a seal of a drifting cloud. “This is…” he said as he took it and slowly opened it.

Greetings

I ask of sect leader Jiang’s assistance to subdue the strange fierce corpses we found the last time – two days ago.

I expect sect leader Jiang’s presence at the dock of the Lotus Pier, before dawn.

Sincerely,

Lan Xichen

The letter was signed. “Lan Xichen?” he muttered as he remembered the tall and upright sect leader of the GusuLan sect. Could it be him…? He thought, then frowned when his head ached again. He saw there are two more letters – the same seal with the first one he saw.

He opened them one by one.

Greetings

There’s a disturbance on one of the villages near our border – Yunmeng and Gusu. Asking for YunmengJiang Sect’s sect leader Jiang’s assistance.

I’ll be dropping by at the dock of Lotus Pier. Hoping sect leader Jiang could grace me with his presence.

Lan Xichen

This letter is before the first one. “So we’re secretly investigating some fierce corpses?” he asked, then looked at the last letter. To his surprise, the letter is simple-looking, yet still has a delicate touch on its design.

Somehow, this made Jiang Cheng’s brow raised. Unlike the first two letters, the last one was opened.

Yes. The first two and official letters were unopened – thus still sealed. However, this last one that looked like a personal letter was opened. This makes him puzzled. And for some reason, his heart beat fast.

With a surprisingly shaking hand, he opened the letter. Gorgeous penmanship greeted him, along with shocking, and romantic, words that are written on the jade white paper.

Wanyin,

I know you are still unsure of your feelings. Also, you’re still doubting my intentions towards you. However, I know in my heart, mind and soul that I love you. I hope, after you read this letter, you’ll let me see you one more time.

His eyes went wide and he felt his face became red. “What…” he muttered under his breath as he dropped the letter like it’s a hot potato. “I – “ he said, his face went redder as he realized the meaning of the letter. He felt his heart beating faster.

He loved Wei Wuxian. However, after a long time, he realized that his love towards the guy is not that deep. Or else, he already would have confessed to him. However… this doesn’t mean that he likes just any other guy! Jiang Cheng thought as he felt his head ached. He looked at the letter and saw there’re lines at the end.

After reading it, he felt his heart beat like a drum.

I hope we could meet at the dock of the Lotus Pier, before dawn.

Lan Xichen

As soon as he read the last word, he looked outside and saw there’s still half an hour before the dawn breaks. Shall I…? He thought, then closed his eyes.

After wearing casual clothes and letting his hair down, he left.

(A/N: hohohohoho~~ I wonder what will happen next? 😂😂😂)