Chapter 2

Your POV

She helps me stand and picks up the boxes off the ground.
'I can't believe it's her. Is karma trying to get me now?' I think.
"There we go. All of your boxes." Scarlet tells.
"Thank you. I don't think anyone else would have helped if I dropped them." I say.

"Not enough people like that in the world." she tells.
"You can say that again."

Since she was holding my boxes, I dig around for my keys in my purse and my phone. I take them out and try to grab my boxes from her hands, but she moves them away from me.
'Is this really a game of keep away?' I think.

"You got your arms full. Let me carry these for you." she tells.
I give her a look and try to take my boxes again.
"I'm not taking no for an answer." she tells.
I roll my eyes and sigh at her declare.
"Follow me." I tell.

I guide her to my car and have her place them in the front passenger seat.
"Thank you for your unneeded help." I tell, sarcastically.

"It was no problem really." she tells, with as much sarcasm as I did.

I giggle at that and smile at her.
"I'm Y/N." I tell.

"Scarlett." she says.

She puts out her hand towards me and I take it. I feel a shock go through me when we touch, but I didn't pull away and neither did she. Her smile gets even bigger looking at me and I felt shock, but didn't let it show on my face. We let go, but our hands linger with each others.

"Hey, would you like..." she starts.

My phone rings, interrupting her sentence and I look, seeing that its Emma.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to get going. It's my manager." I tell.

I answer the phone and hear Emma raving about something.
"Y/N, you have to come over to my house. I've got great news." Emma tells.
"I'm on my way. Don't worry. I'm getting in the car now." I tell, walking to the driver side.

"Wait..." Scarlett says.
I ignore her as I get in and she knocks on the passenger side window. I start up the car and roll down the window.
"I'm really sorry, but I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around." I tell.

She back up as I pull off from the curb and towards Emma's apartment.

15 Minutes Later...

I pull into her driveway and shut off my car. I just sit for a minute to gather my bearings.

'What the hell karma!! I said I didn't want to ever meet her, but here you go!! Give me the secondary role to her leading role in a movie, have her find me at Rodeo Drive and make me feel something!! I'm not falling for it!! You can't make me!!' I think.

I get my bearings and I step out of the car, locking my car as I walk towards Emma's door. The door opens before I can even knock and I'm pulled inside.
"What's the rush?" I ask.
"You need to get ready for the casting party. Mr. Ivy has invited us to go over the script and for the cast to get to know each other."she tells, walking me to get bedroom.
"Good thing I went dress shopping." I say.
"No can do. The movie cast sent you dresses and everything you'll need for the movie." Emma tells.
"Let me see and then we'll talk." I tell.
She pulls out some dresses and I was shocked.