Chapter 9

Your POV

Three Weeks Later

Everything has been getting better after the court process. I won the case, believe it or not, and was given a quite generous amount of compensation from Ms. Dennings's new lawyers. It was more than enough since Ms. Dennings's old lawyer was also being sued by me for commercial bribery. I somehow get stuck with the idiotic people, but it always works out in my favor. Martin has also cut Ms. Dennings out of the movie and replaced her with Mila Kunis. It has been a blast working with her and we were redoing the scenes to take Kat out. Some were fun, but others weren't doing as well.
"CUT!!! Y/N. Scarlett. A word please." Martin says.

We jump down from our places on set and walk with Martin towards a secluded part of the set, while the others went on with their own scenes.
"What is going on? At first, you both were doing so well. Scenes were going by faster than I could ever see and now this movie might not even get done with the both of you acting like this!!!" Martin tells.

"It's just a rough patch, I assure you," I tell.
"A rough patch is someone losing their job. This right here is not a rough patch. I'm sending you both to on a trip to get over whatever this is." Martin tells.

"Where is it that we're going?" I ask.
"Ah ah. It's a surprise. Just be at the Los Angeles International Airport tomorrow at 7 tonight." he tells.

He walks away to dismiss everyone and we look at each other.

"I guess I'll see you later tonight," I tell.
"Right. I'll see you then." Scarlett tells.
Scarlett and I have been okay for the most part. We weren't together like we were before, but I was acknowledging her presence more. I didn't want to deal with any more drama right after the whole court case dilemma. That and I wasn't ready to start another relationship outright after what happened. I make my way towards the exit and towards my car. I was driven back to my L.A home to pack for my flight and do some chores around the house. I don't have maids or butlers in my home for the fact that I don't want anyone else cleaning my home like I would want it to be cleaned.

Three Hours Later

I finish cleaning my house and was currently packing for the trip when my phone rings. I look at it and it was Scarlett. I hit accept on the call and put it on speaker.

"Hey, Scarlett," I say.

"Hey. I was calling to see if you know what we're supposed to pack for this unexpected trip." Scarlett asks.
"I wasn't sure, so I got one of my friends, Aubrey to help me out. She just said to pack light, since we'll probably get clothes wherever we're headed." I tell.
"That's logical," Scarlett tells.
"She knows a lot of things when it comes to fashion," I tell.
I didn't hear her say anything and I look at my phone.
"Scarlett?" I call.
"Y/N, are we ever going to talk about what happened that night?"
"What night?" I ask.
"Don't play dumb with me Y/N. The night after the trial," she tells.
"Look, we were in the moment of things actually going right for me and-" I start.

"Do you regret me saying that I loved you?" she asks.

"You know I can't answer that right now. Look I have more packing to do." I say.

'Even though I was already finished packing.' I  think.
"I'll see you tomorrow," I tell.

I hang up before she says anything and sighs.

"I can't get caught up like this again," I tell.

I push back these feelings coming up and went to distract myself. I took a little nap for the remainder of my time and set me alarm, so I didn't sleep in late.

4:30 p.m Alarm

I get up as my alarm goes off and rub the sleep from my eyes. I get up and grab my stuff, already showered and ready to go. I call my driver and he meets me in the driveway to gather my things. Once everything was locked up and my belongings in the trunk, I climb inside the van and make my way to the Los Angeles Airport. Two hours later, we get to a private airline runway as Scarlett comes over walking over from the private jet. I get out, being helped out by Scarlett and lead to the plane, while the airport staff handles my luggage. Scarlett hands me a glass of champagne and gestures to a seat.