Chapter 5

The five VK's were in the new, Remedial Goodness 101 Class. FairyGodmother was their teacher. Hadley was listening and she drew a skull as class went on. If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Evie rose her hand and FairyGodmother picked her by saying, Evie.

Evie asked, What was the second one? Fairy Godmother said, Oh, okay. Anyone else? Hadley? C, give it a bottle. She said. Correct. Again. FG said.
Carlos said, You and Mal are on fire, girl! Mal said, Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun.

Carlos said, Oh. Evie said, That makes so much sense. A girl came in scared of the VK's soon running to FG. Oh. Hello, dear one. Hadley elbowed both Mal and Evie. Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation. Janes said. FG said, Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?

Jane said, Mom, no! Fairy Godmother said, It's okay. Jane, this is everyone. Jane a bit scared, said Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were. Fairy Godmother said, Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Evie smiled knowing her mother would do that. Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities? FG said.

Carlos raised his hand and Jay did to but put Carlos's hand down to be called on. Carlos yelled, Oh! Ooh... get off. Fairy Godmother called on Jay and Jay said, C. You turn it over to the proper authorities. Carlos said, I was gonna say that.

Jay said But I said it first. Come here! They started to fight Carlos said, Ow! Jay said, Come on, who said it first? Who said it first? Carlos said, Ow! Stop! Ah!
Fairy Godmother said, Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field. Carlos said, Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll... We'll pass.

At the Tourney Field, Jay, Carlos and Hadley went. Jay and Carlos were trying out and Hadley was watching them. The Coach, Jenkins said, Jay, Ben, offense. Chad, you're defense. Parker, you're the shooter. Parker said, Right, coach!

Coach Jenkins said, Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy! Put your helmet on. Get out of the kill zone! Come on. Carlos said, Kill zone? Wha... Coach Jenkins said, Pick it up. Put it on! Two hands.

They started to play and Jay was awesome at it and Jay yelled, Ahh! Carlos, scared, said Jay, It's me! It's Carlos! Wait, stop, Jay. Stop! No, no, no, no. No!
Jay scored Hadley cheered for him and he did a dance while saying, Ahh! Oh, yeah! Come on, let's go! Oh! Whoo! Whoo, whoo! Oh! Oh!

People asked, What just happened? Who is this guy?
Coach Jenkins said, You! Get over here! When Jay got to him the coach said, What do you call that? I call that raw talent. Come find me later. I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team, son. He looked at Carlos saying, You ever thought about band? Haha Carlos said annoyed and Jay laughed.

Ben said, I'll work with him, coach. Coach Jenkins said, All right. Let's run that again. All yelled Whoo!
He turned and saw Chad Charming and soon bumped him into the shoulder hard and Chad said Ow.

In the Hallway, Mal, Evie, and Hadley were at Hadley's locker and Chad, Ben and Audrey came out. They were talking and Chad pointed at the girls
Chad said, Those kids are trouble. Mostly the Hades girl. Evie and Mal said, Bye Hads. Bye she replied.

Come on, Chad. Give them a chance. Ben said and Audrey said, Oh. No offense, Bennybear, but you're just too trusting. Look, I know your mom fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince. But that Girl, is the daughter of the Underworld god. He steals souls. She probably does too. Hadley heard this and her hair was turning on fire with her eyes lighting up.

Ben said defending Hadley, I think you're wrong about them. I'll see you later. He went to her and he said, Hey! Her hair was no longer on fire and her eyes weren't light. Hey. She replied annoyed by his friend and girlfriend and he asked, How was your first day?

Super. Except your girl friend talking about my dad and I. She said her eyes lighting up for a second. I'm sorry for her Hadley. She rolled her eyes. Umm, You should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class. I could, uh, sign you up. What do you think? He asked her and she walked close to him saying, Way to take all the fun out of it. She smirked a little and walked away seeing Jane and Mal eyeing Hadley to come over. Huh. Ben said as she left. He was into her. He felt different about her.

Mal and Hadley went to the Bathroom to find Jane.
Mal said, Hi! It's Jane, right? Ah, always loved that name. Jane. Jane said, That's cool. Hadley said, Don't go! I guess I was just kind of hoping to make a friend. You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?

Jane said, Hardly. Hadley said, Really? I mean, with your mom being fairy godmother and headmistress? I mean, not to mention your own, um... personality.
Jane said, I'd rather be pretty. You've got great hair.
Mal said, You know what? I have just the thing for that. It's right... Ah, here. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair."

Oh, ah, ah! Jane said during the spell and Mal showed Jane her new hair and Mal said, Wow! You almost don't notice your... Other features anymore.
Jane said, Do my nose! Mal said, Oh, I can't. I've been practicing, but you know, I can't do really big magic. Not like your mom with her wand. I mean, one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you wanted.

Jane said, She doesn't use the wand anymore. She believes the real magic is in the books. And not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff. Hadley said, What a rip. Jane said, Yeah. Hadley said, You know, she used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?

Jane said, Well, of course she does. It's... It's just, you know, tough love. "Work on the inside, not the outside." You know, that sort of thing. Mal said, That's the face! Yeah, and then just look as If your... your heart is about to break. "Oh, mother, I just don't understand why you can't make me beautiful, too."

Jane said, Think it would work? Hadley said, Yeah. I mean, that's what old Cindy did, right? And your mother Bibbidi-bobbidi-booed the living daylights out of her. And, hey, If your mom does decide to, you know, break out the old wand, invite us. Jane said, If I can convince mom, you're so there. Mal said, Yay. Bye. She said to the two and the purple haired and blue haired girls said, Bye.