Chapter 7

The girls were in their room with Carlos and soon Jay came in wearing a Tourney jersey. Yo-ho-ho! Jay said and Carlos said, Hey! Jay asked, Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?
Mal said, Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book. If I hadn't completely struck out?

I'm trying to find out if my ember my daddy gave me can do anything Hadley said looking at on of her books her dad gave her when they practiced. Jay said, Oh, you guys are in a bad mood. Mal said, My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down! I agree with Mal, I want to make my dad happy. He will be a god again.

Jay said, We can do this... If we stick together. Mal said, And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten... All of them said, To the core. Evie said, Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course. Everyone looked at her making her ask, What?

They heard a knock and Hadley said, Hold that thought. Hey, Hadley. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed... Hadley said, Not that I know of. Ben said, Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh... Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation? Hadley asked.

Ben asked, Yeah, the whole school goes. Hadley said, Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that It's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness? Ben said, I wish you could. Up front It's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend. When Ben said my girlfriend, she had a bit of jealousy and her eyes turned neon blue quickly but soon making her say, And your girlfriend?

Ben said, Yeah. I'm sorry. Hadley said, Okay. Thanks, bye. Ben tried to stop her of slamming the door in his face by saying, Oh, but, no, there's plenty of... but it was too late. I think It's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell Mal. Hadley said and she smirked at her.

In the kitchen, they were making a love spell but in a cookie form. All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry. Hadley said and Carlos said, Let's just chop up some onions. Mal said, No. It Says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best so we have to follow it exactly.

Jay said, A tear's a tear. Evie said, That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear. Hadley said, Listen to you. Jay said, Yeah, I knew that. Carlos said, Did not. Jay said, Yeah, I did.

Lonnie came in and saw Mal saying, There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making? Hadley said, Nothing special. Just cookies. She took a bit of the batter and Hadley yelled, Oh, no, no! Carlos asked, Wait, wait, wait!

Lonnie said, What? I'm not gonna double dip. Evie said, Feel anything? Mal asked, Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something? Jay said, Hey, there. To see if it worked. Lonnie said, It could use some chips. Jay said, Chips? Mal asked, And those are...

Lonnie said, Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... why are you all looking at me like that?

Hadley said, It's just different where we're from.
Lonnie said, Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids. Oh... How awful. Hadley saw the tear and got it putting it in the bowl soon saying, Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams.

Lonnie said, Good night. Mal said, See you tomorrow. Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven. Evie said, Yes, ma'am.