Poking The Wrong Bear

Kaydence's POV

We had no more stepped into the coolness of the Bridgestone Arena when the grip on my hand tightened tugging me to an out of the way corner just inside the door leading to the back corridors. A gasp bubbled out of my lips sounding like a squeak when my bare back hit the cool wall. Hands braced on either side of my head as Brantley took a step closer. To the outside world we looked like a new couple stealing a quiet moment alone because we couldn't keep our hands off each other. But the glittering temper simmering in the eyes glaring down at me would show them different. I felt my own temper rising to the surface just for the fact he seemed to be mad at me for not knowing. I didn't like talking about it for starters.

"When in the fuck were you going to tell me Kaydence?" Brantley growled lowering his head closer to mine. "Shouldn't you have disclosed you had something with Cole before entering into this fake relationship?"

"Because it's none of your damn business," I hissed slapping his chest. I gulped when a big hand circled my wrist keeping me from hitting him again. "I don't talk about it okay. Don't you have exes you choose not to discuss. I mean if you want to regale me with what happened with Amber this last time...''

"Fine," he grumbled his hardened features softening some. I already knew from the past that was a subject off limits most of the time. Brantley dropped my hand letting his lower settling to span on my hip. Lord if I didn't keep my head about all this these random touches would get confusing. "I get your point Kay. He was the last person I expected to look over and see shooting me daggers. It blindsided me."

"Everyone publicly thought I was dating someone else," I sighed feeling like I owed him some sort of explanation. "But we kept it quiet other than family and friends. I promise to tell you more later."

Brantley nodded giving me a genuine smile. He stepped back holding his hand out for mine knowing all eyes would be on us when we stepped back out into the crowded entrance way. I took it gratefully and stiffened my resolve to not let seeing Cole get to me. Brittany was normally here to shield me from any interaction with him. Kerri, even though we were both her clients, made sure it was plenty of space between us if we were ever in the same room. We were heading to our seats when I heard my name being called.

Looking over my shoulder, a low groan came from Brantley as two determined blondes stalked our way dragging their husbands along. Poor Brendan still looked shell shocked at these things as Miranda pulled him closer to me. Caroline was walking so fast I was sure her heels had sparks flying. I may have been avoiding Caroline's calls the last few days even though I was going to be in deep shit. Swear one Caroline Bryan could switch from mom mode to being my worst influence. Usually depended how much tequila we had flowing through our veins.

Knowing she had it on her, I held my free hand out to Miranda snapping my fingers. She smirked before reaching into her purse revealing a pink bedazzled flask. Brantley chuckled wrapping an arm loosely around my waist as I tipped the flask back taking a healthy drink. I broke out into a coughing fit realizing she had straight whiskey in there.

"Dammit Miranda," I wheezed passing it back to her as Luke muttered "lightweight". "You trying to get hammered early tonight." She arched an eyebrow at me taking a sip. She had an even more high profile ex than I did. Second husband was hotter if I say so myself though. "Oh yea. Gotcha."

"Well BG," Caroline teased with a grin earning her a sigh from him. "What happened to "fuck this, I'm staying single''?"

"What can I say Caroline," Brantley chuckled rolling his eyes. He knew the four of them knew what was actually going on. "I got hit with an offer I wasn't able to refuse."

"Yea Kerri is good at that brother," Luke laughed giving me a wink. "Will say, the photos of y'all are already trending and the show hasn't even started yet."