Ch. 17

"Good morning Red Leader," The servant stated, putting a cup of tea on her superior's night stand. Tord shot up on his bed, beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. The maid jumped back in fear, knowing if she did one thing to anger the leader, he would not hold back on his punishment. Tord grabbed the tea off his nightstand and took a sip, wiping his forehead and sitting up on his bed. The maid gave him his cloths and waited for further instructions.
"You may go now," Tord angrily said, pointing to the door with one hand and holding the tea with his other. The maid rushed out the door and quietly closed it, trying not to do anything wrong.

Tord was a cruel leader, crushing anyone who dared talk back to him. The Red Army had been created generations ago, but even from its history it was the weakest army out of the six that were created. Tord's father had supposedly accomplished the most by taking down The Purple Army, asserting The Red Army in third place out of the six. Tord surprised the whole army because he was thought to be 'soft'. He ended up defeating the green, blue, and white army's without a problem because of his plan when he was just 18 years old. His father was extremely proud of him, but Tord wanted to move to London so he could be with his friends. His father tried to persuade him, so Tord agreed to come back sooner or later, and he did as he promised years later. The only army left for them to defeat was The Grey Army. They were the worst, sacrificing their own people for victory although never succeeding. Throughout the years, because of The Grey Army's sacrifices to their own army their amount of people dropped from over 1,000,000 people to less than 100,000 people. Tord despised them, counting his army as his own family. If they were in danger he would surrender instead of sacrificing them like a monster. Since he had taken down all of the other army's and forced them to join and surrender, giving The Red Army the upper hand. Now The Red Army had over millions of people in his possession.

Suddenly, as if to snap Tord out of his day dream, Paul came into the room.

"Good morning Red Leader. Viktor gathered the supplies and will start creating the robot today. He will add a few extra touches that will make sure it won't be destroyed as easily as last time." He stated, bowing to Tord. Tord nodded, waving Paul out of his room. Paul noticed the sign, walking out. Tord changed, walking downstairs.

"Good morning Tord!" Patryk said, waving happily to Tord, lighting a cigarette and inhaling. He started to have a fit of coughs, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and whispering to himself, 'Paul has the worst ideas..'

Patryk and Paul were the only ones who were allowed to call Tord by his real name, because after his father died, they were the only ones to help him run the army. He feels like they should have more respect from the rest of the army because of that. While Paul remained calling Tord by his 'professional name', Patryk decided to call him Tord because he thought it sounded nicer. Although Tord was 'soft' before, he slowly became hungry for power.

"Good morning Patryk." Tord said, walking by him. "Are you okay from the incident though? Your arm seems to be hurt. It seemed strange for you to have taken so much damage from that-..." Patryk was cut off by Tord glaring at him with an twisted expression with his hand over Patryk's mouth. Patryk stepped back, startled.

"Never mention that day I front of my presence. It's like you are looking down on me." Tord said, staring Patryk dead in the eye. Patryk quickly nodded, fear presented in his eyes. "Unless, you want to challenge me for leader," Tord said, his aura made from pure anger and insanity.

"N-No, of course not sir!" Patryk said, bowing and rushing off.

Everyone knew that Tord's father trained him well, and how Tord was extremely good at fighting. Everyone who had tried to challenge him for the place of leader had met a terrible fate.
Tord's desire for power grew more and more, while his humanity was fading away.

All he wanted was to make them proud.
[748 words]