Ch. 22- Memories (Part 1/2)

It was the next day already. I walked down to the dungeon to check on everyone.

"Hello!" I said, smiling at them through the metal bars. The first time I saw them in a while.

"Tord! Get us the hell out of here! Now!" Tom screamed. I started laughing.

"Hey Edd, hows life going?" I asked, still laughing.

"Tord? Why would you do this!" Edd screamed. I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit sorry for them.

"Awww, because you guys"—

I woke up. It was four in the morning. "Huh..." I said to myself... I looked around. Still in Edds house. I walked to Edds room, and he was sleeping with Matt in bed. I smiled and looked at the both of them. I went to Tom's room, and he was asleep as well. All the memories I made here years ago. All of my friends that I betrayed those years before. My eyesight began fogging as tears formed in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes with the side of my sleeve, and closed Tom's door. I laughed a bit and walked downstairs, opening the door. I looked back to everyone that were sleeping.

"Tord, you have done nothing for the Red Army for two years already. We have voted Paul for new leader."

"You're useless to us now. Please leave."

"You would betray your own friends for this? You don't have the right mindset."

"Are you insane?!"

"Get some mental help, you freak!"

I was walking along a path. I didn't know where I was going, but my brain was forcing me. I turned a corner past a building that had an alleyway. Memories.

All of a sudden, he heard voices. They sounded familiar. Two people were carrying him, one my the shoulders, and the other by the legs. Tord had lost too much blood to be able to open his eyes, but in his mind, he hoped they would toss him into a lake.

The day he was found.

Tord continued walking past the alleyway and past a forest. His brain continued making him walk deeper into the forest, and a Tord wondered if he even knew where his mind was taking him. He was a shell. He was not the person he used to be anymore.

Then again, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Tord continued walking into the forest, hearing faint rustling behind him. He didn't have time to look, he kept walking.

Finally, he reached the end of the forest, and there was a stone bridge. Tord looked at it, and he walked up to it. Underneath the bridge was a lake that was extremely far down. Tord looked at the river and sighed.

So peaceful.

He sat on the edge of the bridge. He felt so happy in the wind. He watched the current river below him, and he stood on the edge of the bridge. He felt the wind breeze on his face, and he sighed.
Suddenly his body felt extremely cold. He knew what was happening, but he still smiled. He saw someone reach their hand out to him. They had pale skin, and white, feathery wings that looked beautiful. Tord grabbed onto their hand, and suddenly he was floating.
Floating, away from earth.

[Toms POV]
I woke up, and sighed. "Finally, it's morning." I said to myself, smiling. Something seemed slightly off, but I ignored it.
"Hey Tom?" Edd asked me as I walked downstairs. "Do you know where Tord is?" Edd continued. "Well, shouldn't he be in his room?" I said back. He should be coming down soon anyway.

"Well, I checked his room. Maybe he's out, he does need time for himself." Matt said, smiling. I turned on the TV, and what we all saw shocked us...

"In today's news, a corpse identified as 'Tord Larsson' was found frozen in 'Sunchide River'. The person jumped off the bridge at approximately four in the morning, getting hypothermia after jumping into the water.
Hypothermia can create hallucinations, and the body may get frostbite. The body was determined to be.....

Dead."
[682 words]