#2 Mundane

Jayla's POV

I went to find Izzy after Jace went with Clary. "Izzy why did you give her my dress?" I asked "I just picked a dress up. Anyway is the girl ok?" Izzy asked "Yeah, she's with Jace talking to her mundane friend." I said "He's going to lead circle members to her and Jace will probably bring her into the institute." Alec said. I sighed and we all walked towards the front of the institute. We all sat at Izzy's computer near the screen Jace normally goes to.

"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the institute?" Alec asked "Jace you know mundanes aren't supposed to be here." I said standing next to him "A circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace said "A circle rune. Just like the guys who took my mother." Clary said. She had a portal shard hanging around her neck. "What exactly is a circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" The guy said "All we know is a long time ago the circle led a revolt." Jace said "A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including mine and Jace's father." I said looking down. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see it was Alec. "And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the circle." Alec said taking his hand off my shoulder and placing it on my back. "But how is that even possible. It's your history." Clary asked "Says the girl who didn't even know she was a Shadowhunter" Jace said "Yeah, yeah you're right and I'm the only one who knows what's missing so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden there's got to be someone out there who can help me find my mother." She said "There is" Jace replied. Then Clary and the guy started arguing with Jace about runes. "So hot, the rune." He said looking at Isabelle. "Don't worry Clary I'll watch over the best friend." Isabelle "That's Alec, that's Jayla and I'm Isabelle." Izzy said "Lewis, Simon. Simon Lewis and I still talking. Two first names am I still talking." He stuttered. "Hey Fray." I said. Her and Jace looked at me "Ruin that dress and I'll shoot you." I said she looked shocked. "Not with a gun with a bow and arrow her favourite weapon." Jace said "And if she ruins I'll buy you a new one." Jace said. I turned back around to look at Alec.

"This is the least revelling thing you have?" Clary said unsure "What all the naughty bits are covered a little too much in my opinion." Izzy said. I was sat on my bed looking at my stele. "Where's Simon." Clary asked "Who." Izzy said "Kidding he's in good hands with the boys." Izzy said coming to sit next to me. "So what you are all like family." Clary asked "Translation you want to know if me and Jace are a thing." Izzy said "Why would I care?" Clary said "because you do," I said "Don't worry in every way he's like my brother. Although I think Jay and Alec have something." Izzy said. "No I don't plus he's my brothers Parabatai. Oh and your brother" I said She knows I like him since I told her a couple of months ago when he got hurt.

-Flashback-

Alec was laid in the infirmary. "Jay he's going to be okay, you should come and eat. You haven't left his side all day." Izzy said to me dragging me out of the room and to hers. "What's wrong." She asked "I think I like Alec."

-End of Flashback

"We took Jace and Jay when they were ten trained together learned to fight side by side." Izzy said "A few days ago all I had to worry about was getting into art school and now-" Clary said "Is this the part where I give you the pep talk about harnessing your inner the Shadowhunter and excepting your true destiny" Izzy said "Was that the pep talk." Clary asked "Basically" I said "Clary-" Izzy said standing up "Remember you were born to do this. No matter what has happened this is who you are." Izzy said "Not feeling that" Clary said "Yet," Izzy. "Okay but now we have to find Dot." Clary said "And track down and kill the most dangerous rouge Shadowhunter in history before he kills us all." I said "She really know how to ruin a pep talk" Clary said "I'm just being realistic." I said "Why are you like this." She asked "Like what." I said "Acting like nothing bothers you. Like that Alec guy" Clary said "I've gone through a lot of pain in my life you don't know anything about me. Also when you're around Alec most of your life you get his attitude and I agree with him your mundane boyfriend shouldn't even be here." I said. "You don't know what it's like to lose your mother ." She said "Okay, you're right I never knew my mother." I said tears forming in my eyes. "I'm sorry, but-" She said "Stop. Just shut up. Izzy where's Alec" I asked "In his room I think." "Thanks." I said leaving to go find him.

Izzy's POV

"I feel bad now." Clary said "It's okay you didn't know." I said "Why did she go to Alec instead of Jace." She asked "Whenever she has problems she goes to Alec. Come on let's go. Also Simon is kind of nerd hot." I said leaving the room.

Jayla's POV

I knocked on Alec's door. "Who is it?" He asked "Jay. Can I come in" I said "Yeah" He said I opened the door and started crying. "Hey what's wrong." He said pulling me into his room and shutting the door. "Clary- s, she started talking about my m-mum." I said "It's okay, calm down. Jay breathe." He said. I hugged him and he let me cry into his chest. Once I stopped I pulled away "Sorry Alec," It's fine now let's go I hear those lot are planning a mission." He said.