#4 What?

Jayla's POV

"I knew it." Izzy said "Izzy we're not dating." I said "Okay, but you both like each other. Don't let me and the Mundie stop you make out if you wanna." She said "Isabelle Lightwood, Stop." Alec said. "I do like you," I said "Really? Why me?" He said "You're different. You're not afraid to speak the truth and you've been there for me when I first got here. Plus I've spent a lot of time around you, so how could I have not caught feelings for you." I said "Plus you're so amazing and handsome." I said "I like you as well, not just because you're saying you like me. I love how beautiful you are, how loud you are. I just love everything about you." Alec said I giggled and he kissed my cheek. I lightly kissed him. He kissed back but Izzy had to ruin it. "I didn't actually want you two to make out." She said. I sighed and just hugged him.

"So is cracking someone's mind open supposed to take this long. Maybe I- Or you should go check." Simon said "Literally never stops talking." I whispered. "Jace has it covered." Alec said holding my hand. "Take my word for it, the silent brothers are quite unpleasant." Izzy said "That's not helping not at all." The Mundie said. "What if Clary can't handle the brothers. What does that-" He stammered "It literally never stops talking." Alec interrupted "At least someone agrees" I said looking at him. "Are they always so charming." He asked "Alec, firstborn. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. And Jay she grew up around Alec and is Jace's twin." Izzy told him. "Mmm. I can feel their pain. Only son. Mother wants me to be a CPA." He said "No you can't feel my pain. I grew without a mother and my father was murdered by Valentine when I was 10" I snapped. Alec squeezed my hand and looked at me 'It's okay' he mouthed. Izzy hummed walking closer to him. "And you? What do you want?" Izzy asked. I sighed running a hand through my hair. "Me?" He asked. She nodded "Well, I'm in a band." He said "Yeah. What type of music? Wait let me guess. Indie Rock." She said. He grinned and chuckled "Yeah" He said. Izzy giggled "Got anything on your phone?" She asked why was she so interested in this mundane. "I do. We recorded our last set. We killed it. Its..." He said stopping himself rummaging around his pockets. "I left my phone in the van." He chuckled "Let's go get it." Izzy said linking her arm with his they started walking "Where's it going." I said "We'll be right back" Izzy said looking at Alec. He raised his eyebrow looking at her with wide eyes. "What? He passes the time. Now you two can pass the time. Alone" Izzy said "Shut up Izzy." I said smacking her arm playfully blushing. "I can hear you guys you know." Simon said before Izzy started walking with him.

Once they left I moved and hugged Alec. "Jay, What's wrong?" Alec asked wrapping his arms around me. "I miss him. I miss my dad." I said tears forming in my eyes. "It's okay, He would be proud of you." Alec said kissing my forehead. I pulled away from the hug and Alec gently wiped my tears away. I looked at him in the eyes. He moved his arms to my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Don't cry. I don't like it when you cry." He told me. I nodded and he moved a piece of my hair behind my ear. He kissed me. I immediately kissed him back. It was like time stopped and it was only me and him, and that's all that mattered. He pulled me closer and I smiled against his lips. We broke away for a second to breathe but then reconnected our lips. We broke away once more "Will you be my girlfriend?" Alec asked me breathing heavily "Yes" I said before re-joining our lips.

We heard another cough and we pulled away. "Serious can we not get interrupted." I sighed. I looked over from where the noise came from it was my brother. "We'll talk about that later. All three of us." Jace said "Anyway what did you find out?" Alec asked letting go of me. "Valentine is Clary's father" Jace said. I glared at Clary "Wait a minute. You're telling me that this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentines daughter. Did it ever occur to you that she may be a spy." Alec said. "That's enough Alec." Jace said "Do you think I planned to get kidnapped? Do you think I planned to have a sword dangling over my head? Or for Dot to get Taken? And find out that one of my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world" She snapped "I don't care what you planned. Your father killed my father." I said stepping closer to her getting ready to hit her. "Jay." Jace warned "Ba-Jay." Alec said grabbing my arm lightly pulling me towards him. He pulled me to his chest letting me have a mini breakdown tears leaving my eyes. "I wanna kill him." I said. He pulled me away and wiped my tears once again. "I know but hurting her won't hurt him." He told me and he kissed my temple. "Where's Simon." She asked "Where's Simon?" She repeated "I told him to stay in the van." Izzy said "I searched everywhere" "He's gone?" "I couldn't find him" Izzy and Clary said. "You were supposed to protect him." She yelled at Izzy. "Don't yell at Izzy. I swear you are so lucky Alec is holding me right now." I snapped. She glared at me "SIMON!" She yelled walking past us. "That mundane is a pain in my ass." I said.

We all chased after Clary. "Is that the mundanes name?" I heard Raphael shout "I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." He shouted "Simon, No he's not apart of this." Clary shouted "And it would be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." Jace said "Careful. We'd be violating the accords." I sighed "Your sisters right. The night children have broken no laws. We're negotiating. The mundane unharmed in exchange for the mortal cup. And the clock is ticking tick toc people." He said leaving. Clary kept repeating his name. "Shut up yelling his name isn't going to bring him back." I said getting annoyed of her. Alec grabbed my hand "At least I'm not trying to kill anyone and making out with my brothers best friend" She said "Wait what." Izzy said "Her father is Valentine and when we walked out we saw those two making out." Jace said "I knew they were kissing they've been kissing all night." Izzy said "No we haven't. Only some of the night." I said. We all got into Simon's van and drove to the institute.