#21 Rescue Plan

Jayla's POV

"And neither do we." Jace said he just told Magnus everything that has happened. "Let me get this straight. You need Alec's stele to open the safe, and you want me to steal it from him?" Magnus asked "We prefer the word "borrow"" Jace corrected "Without his knowledge" Izzy added "Why don't you get Jayla to do it?" He asked again "What? No? Alec and I aren't really speaking right now." I said "I know, but it would make him suspect it less," Jace said "Please" Izzy begged "Fine" I agreed "I'm not taking part in this." Magnus said and went to walk away. Jace stopped him. "Magnus, ever since Alec, find out our parents were in the circle, he's been messed up. He can't see the big picture." Jace explained "If the Clave is willing to subject Meliorn to the silent brothers, If they're willing to go this far... What do you think will happen if they get the cup?" Izzy questioned "This affects everyone." She added "Help us get into that safe. Help us stop this." Jace said to us. Magnus sighed and so I "You owe me" I said. "Just Alec can't know about this." I said "That's a given" Jace deadpanned. I glared at him a little. "If we're going to do this, there's no turning back" Magnus said.

Magnus and I stopped outside Alec's door. Magnus used his magic to check what Alec was doing. He was taking care of his forsaken wound. Magnus used his magic to get his stele to Jace. I walked in the door. "Hey" I said awkwardly "Hi, did you um, need something?" He asked "Just wanted to make sure you're okay" I said "Yeah," He winced.

Without speaking, I walked over to him and took the stuff out of his hand and started to clean it for him. "You don't have to do that" He said "Just, be quiet Alec. Let me help you" I said after cleaning it I wrapped it in a bandage. "Why are you doing this?" He asked me "I want to make things right, Alec. I hate not talking to you, not being by your side. You'd rather do something for your parents. Fix the mistake they made. Rather than do what makes you happy, push away the people closest to you, lose the people who love you. That's what you've done, you've pushed us away, lost us. Izzy, Magnus, Jace, Me. I just hope that you're happy" I said noticing the stele was back. "Jay I never meant to hurt you I-" "Goodbye, Alec" I interupted leaving the room, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Wait Jayla" He said stopping me in my tracks, "What Alec?" I asked "Y'know when I left the other day, it was to see Magnus and he gave me some advice" He told me, I nodded my head slightly while I waited for him to go on. "He gave me the advice to follow my heart and so I'm going to follow it" He said "That's good, Alec" I said. "Just thought I'd tell you. Jay, you know how much family means to me, and everything comes before family so I'm still going to get married to Lydia" He said. I smiled holding back the tears once more "Yeah, yeah. I understand. Well, Jace needs me so" I said taking pauses and walked away.

I walked towards the place where I was supposed to meet Jace, Izzy and Clary. I just hope this plan goes well.

I arrived at the roof and hugged Izzy and Jace. "Hey, Luke is it?" I asked "Yeah, Jayla right" "Yeah" I said.

Clary and Simon soon came out and Clary and Jace immediately hugged. "So, this is your safe hideout, huh?" Jace poked at Simon "Well, you think the Clave was gonna look here," Clary defended "Probably" I added "Can we please focus on the matter at hand?" Izzy asked a little fear in her voice, "Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn" Izzy added "What?" Clary and Simon both said at the same time "They think Meliorn has more information on Valentine and the attack than what he's saying" Jace explained "Because he's a Downworlder and Lydia is a bitch" I added "They're taking him to the Silent Brothers." Izzy told us "We have to stop them!" Clary said "No, shit" I responded "That's the plan, Clary. Rescue and recovery" Jace explained glaring at me slightly. "We get him from the guards, in and out, no one gets hurt" Izzy added "Hope, no one gets hurt" I mumbled

"You want us to go up against the Silent Brothers, and an elite Shadowhunter Guard Unit?" Clary asked "Without any backup?" Luke added "Pretty much" I answered "Is Alec coming?" She asked "Why do you care?" I asked back, Izzy and Jace both looked at me "Sorry, " I mumbled "No. Not this time." Jace told her "If they're doing this to Seelies, no Downworlder is safe. But we can't go in alone, not if we don't want to be detected." Clary said "My pack will track the unit, create a distraction." Luke said "I would suggest vampires, but... I doubt they'll cooperate." Simon suggested "As much I hate to agree with Simon, vamps aren't exactly team players" Jace said "Let me talk to Raphael. I think I can persuade him." Clary said. 

//////////////////////////////////////

Sorry this took so long - Hayley