#7 Vampires

Jayla's POV

Me and Alec were walking  back to the institute hand in hand. "I don't know how to feel with how close Jace and Clary are getting" I said "As long as she doesn't hurt him I could care less." Alec said "I love you," I said "I love you too, and never forget that," He said to me kissing my cheek making me blush.

We quickly got to the institute and went straight to the weapons and got our bows. I grabbed some arrows and started to rune them and so did Alec. I was finished before so I sat and watched him. His concentration face is adorable. I saw Hodge walking towards us. "Alec, Jay" He said making Alec turn around and sit on the table "Didn't know you two were here." Hodge said "Yeah, no, I, uh" Alec started "Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you two." "It's just that you know Clary is-" I started "That girl, is Valentines-" He started to say before his circle rune started burning "The monsters daughter. There must be some reason why the roaches are coming out the woodwork again. Right? I'll leave you to it" He said leaving "Hodge" Alec said "Thank you" "You remind me of me Alec. A loyal friend standing in the shadows of the chosen one. Hey don't make the same mistakes I did look where it got me." He told Alec then left. We both picked up our stuff and headed to the address Izzy told us.

Just before we got there. I grabbed hold of Alec's arm. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned. I didn't say anything just pushed my lips against his. "Baby, as much as I want to do that. We're on a mission after we can back to that." He said I giggled and nodded. "Izzy" Alec shouted. I ran up the stairs and hugged her "I got your text where are we exactly," Alec asked "Also why did you two never become parabatai." He asked "We never even considered it," I answered "It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there we come up into the basement of the hotel DuMort. Perfect right?" Izzy said "We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon" "Okay" Alec said "'Okay'? It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel" She said "Great job, Izzy." Alec said sarcastically "You have faerie dust on your dress" I said. "And I hate being the distraction and so does Alec" I said "I don't" Izzy said.

"You're really not got to talk to me are you?" Izzy asked "That's because you have no idea what you're talking about." Alec said "Can you two stop? I wanna get this thing done and leave I'm tired and hungry" I said. We got to a door "This must be the way." Izzy said pulling it open and there were Vampires. Izzy shut the door and Alec got out his Stele trying to draw a lock rune. "Anyday now" Izzy said "Yeah, if you hold the door still it will be a lot easier" Alec said I grabbed his seraph blade and cut a bit of the pipe so it could hold the door shut. "Whoever said the pen was mightier then the sword was an idiot" Izzy said "When you're right, you're right," Alec said stepping away from the door. 

"Do you think they know where we are?" Izzy asked "That's the point." I said "How long do you think we have to distract them for?" Alec asked "10 more minutes" Izzy said "10 We're liquid lunch in 5," Alec said "So let's distract them" I said and Alec repeated it. I had my bow ready to shoot and so did Alec Izzy had her whip ready as soon that door opened we started attacking them. "This is fun." Alec said "Keep coming boys." Izzy said.

We soon found Jace and Clary as they finished killing the demons. "I killed him," Clary said "He was already dead." Jace told her "But he wanted to kill you remember that." I said "She did so great. Right?" Izzy said "Yeah, you should be proud of yourself" Jace told her. We all left the room trying to find Simon.

We all walked into a room and saw Raphael holding a knife to Simon "Simon!" "Clary!" Jace said "That's not going to do him any good." Jace said grabbing her arm. "Listen to him, Clary Fairchild. Put it away. I've had more than enough form you friend for one day. I'd love to cut his throat don't give me a reason. Jayla Wayland, what a pleasant surprise" He said at me "It's really not, just give us the mundane and you can live your long useless vampire life." I said "Simon, Simon are you alright?" Clary asked "Well I wouldn't say al-" "Stop talking, Now if you would all just follow me" He said leaving the room we all followed him and we got to a tunnel area. Then he started saying some stuff that I ignored and we all got out with Simon.

"Shouldn't we leave" He asked "Why?" I asked "Because they're right behind that door." "Let them come after us they'll turn into a bunch of friend eggs up here. I thought you said you watched movies." Jace said. We all walked up the stairs and let Clary talk to Simon, I wasn't listening to anything until "ALEC STOP!" Jace yelled. Alec walked away "What is wrong with you Jace he's your parabatai he came to help you, he's looking out for you and you yell at him. Go on replace us all with Clary." I said running to get to Alec.

We all got back to the institute and I was in my room. "Can I come in?" I heard a voice "Yeah," I said and I saw Alec at the door shirtless and in some sweats. "Can I sleep in here?" He asked I nodded and we laid down. "I love you Alec, and trust me without you Jace wouldn't be the famous Jace he is today" I said kissing him. "Goodnight, Baby" "Night" I said. Cuddling into his chest.