#22 Success

Jayla's POV

"We're offering an alliance with the Seelies." Clary told Raphael. He just looked over at Luke "And the werewolves" Luke sighed. "Why should we believe you? You killed our people. You violated our home." Raphael said "You kidnapped a mundane, remember?" Jace reminded him. "That was me" Simon added "I saved your life, remember?" I added "Look... you were just following Camille's orders. She violated the Accords. You're a different kind of leader." Clary spoke "We are a new generation of Shadowhunters. We believe everyone can be equal. But we have to work together to stop Valentine. And to ensure the Clave doesn't repeat past mistakes. What do you say?" Clary added and asked him "This decision requires a consensus." He said "I vote yes." Simon answered "Well, well, well, baby's first words." Raphael teased "Don't make me regret them" Simon told him "If our newest member pledges his loyalty to his new leader and joins our clan we'll all stand beside you." Raphael told us "Simon's not a pawn" Clary defended "Let the vamp just do what he needs to do" I muttered "No... I'm not." Simon paused looking at Raphael "But I accept your deal" "Simon, what are you doing?" Clary asked. "Whatever it takes to protect the Downworld. It's my world now" Simon told her "Then we're in" Raphael announced.

We all walked over towards where Meliorn would be aka the City Of Bones "This does not look like the City of Bones" Clary said "This is the Downworlders entrance" Jace told her "The City of Bones has a service entrance perfect!" She added "I hope I have better luck here than I did last time" Simon said making everyone look at him "I'm just saying" He added "Everyone knows what to do?" Clary asked "Text when you're in position" Jace said. Raphael whistled and Luke looked at him "Stay" Raphael teased and Luke stood still "Good dog." He praised sarcastically "Bite me." Luke retorted "Roll over" Raphael said back "Play dead." Luke added "Boom." Simon commented and fist bumped Luke before someone shoved Simon and the Vampires started hissing and the werewolves started growling getting in each other faces. "Hey, enough! Enough! All our lives are at stake! It's time we put aside our differences and work together! Tonight we're all Downworlders" Clary got in between them "Luke?" He nodded "Raphael?" He nodded as well and they all left. "I guess I should expect people to hate me for who I am now. I'll get used to it" Simon said, Clary went to speak "Never get used to it, people are going to be a dick to you, they're going to hate you. Never, ever get used to it because the minute you do you'll stop fighting for yourself and then people will start to walk all over you. You hear me?" I said to him interrupting Clary "Let's do this" Izzy said and we all walked to our places.

I went a different way, I was supposed to distract until they got to Jace. I got a message off Jace saying that Alec was here, god sake. Izzy took most of them out. I followed Alec, and soon came towards the entrance. "Alec" Clary said what's she doing. I joined Jace and her "You told me you were taking Clary back to the institute" He said to Jace. "I never told you anything though" I said and he looked at me. "You lied to me" He turned his attention back to Jace "I did what needed to be done." Jace said "Alec, the Clave has gone too far. You have to see that. Please just let Meliorn go." Clary tried to reason "I have my orders" He said "Stop sucking up to that blonde haired bitch, she's not worth it" I said to him "You and your damn orders. Who cares about orders?" Clary added "See? That's how little you know about being a Shadowhunter. You couldn't possibly understand--" Alec started "It's you that doesn't understand, Alec." Jace interrupted "Not this time." Clary moved since Alec started to move. "I'm really sorry" Jace said before he started to fight Alec "Clary, Jay, Meliorn go now" Jace yelled. They both left "Jay go" He repeated "No, Jace" "Please" I sighed before trying to find Izzy.

I couldn't find her so I ran back in and Alec had a seraph blade to Jace's neck "Get off him!" I yelled "What is wrong with you?! You're supposed to Parabatai not holding a fucking blade to his neck!" I shouted and Alec got off him. I helped Jace up, hugging him "Come with me. We'll fight Valentine the right way... Together." Jace said to him. "If we do that we'll be considered traitors like mum and dad." Alec told us "I'm begging you, my parabatai, my brother. Please Alec, come with me." Jace begged "No." Alec said. Jace looked like he was going to cry as he walked away. I glared at Alec before following Jace.

I went straight back to the institute while Jace got Clary and Meliorn.

I sighed and got changed into some workout clothes because I wasn't tired and I was bored.

Once I got to the training room I grabbed one of the sticks and started to work on my balance and striking with a dummy.

After about an hour I didn't feel any better so I continued before I heard a voice from the door "Jay" It startled me and I fell on my ankle nearly breaking it. I looked up and it was Alec, I ignored him and grabbed my stele and traced over my healing rune. I went to leave but he grabbed my arm. "What Alec, what could you possibly want to talk about?" I asked as he let go of me "I just wanted to see if you were okay and i'm sorry about your ankle" He said "I'm fine, but maybe you should be asking Jace that, since y'know you had a blade to his neck" I said leaving the room.

As soon as I got back to my room I broke down in tears, why can't I just be enough for Alec.