book one

───    ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.     ───

BURNING BRIDGES
AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER
(lowercase intended)

───    ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.     ───

───  DISCLAIMER  ───

─── DISCLAIMER ───

i do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or its character. 'Burning Bridges', including all original characters, plots, other related contents, is copyrighted. All rights are reserved to the owner @caramellight

 All rights are reserved to the owner @caramellight

─── SUMMARY ───

IN WHICH for 3 years, best friends Yanmei and Zuko traveled around the world, trying to find the Avatar to regain Zuko's honor and to give Yanmei a second chance in the fire nation. but plans changed when the avatar was freed from the iceberg by two water tribe siblings.

                                                                   ───  ORIGINAL CHARACTER   ───

─── ORIGINAL CHARACTER ───

name: Yanmei (meaning elegant, seductive)
nicknames: Mei, Yanny
height: 5'2
age: 16
hair color: jet black
skin color: pale/ fair
eye color: ruby red
ethnicity: fire nation/southern water tribe
bending: fire & water
special abilities: lightening bending, blood bending, strong spiritual connection
parents: (executed for treason)
* mother: Manami (fire nation handmaiden for Ursa/ waterbender)
* father: Hitoshi (fire nation guard/ Ozai's personal guard/fire bender)

name: Yanmei (meaning elegant, seductive)nicknames: Mei, Yannyheight: 5'2age: 16hair color: jet blackskin color: pale/ faireye color: ruby redethnicity: fire nation/southern water tribebending: fire & waterspecial abilities: lightening bending, bl...

Yanmei was doomed to a life of misery from the second she was born. her parents were personal servants to the royal family, and guards nor handmaidens were allowed to date each other, let alone have children. their affair was an act of treason so like any other criminal, they were punished. Fire Lord Azulon was ready to dispose of the child, but his son Ozai's wife, Ursa, took it as her responsibility to raise the child as her own.

Azulon and Ozai knew the child was not meant to be raised with royals and hated the innocent little girl for it. but when she showed the ability to firebend, a glimmer of hope was brought out for a possible happy life for her, seeing as the crowned Prince Zuko hadn't shown signs of firebending yet.

when Yanmei was at the young age of 11, something remarkable was discovered about her. she could not only firebend, but also waterbend. Azulon and Ozai took this as a sign of their own. the girl was their weapon to bring the Fire Nation to victory in the 100 year war.

Yanmei had lost many people she cared about, had been lied to her whole life, and was trained for 2 years to be just a means to the end of the war. to Azulon, Ozai, and Azula, she was nothing but a weapon. to Zuko and Iroh, she was the greatest bender in the world - besides the Avatar of course. they saw her as more than just a pawn in the game of war. they were the only ones who stood by her side her entire life.

and even in her darkest day, the day that changed her life forever, a day that should've costed the dual bender her life, the two still stood by her. they protected her no matter the cost, and their dedication to her lead to the banishment of both the crowned prince and the dual bender herself.

Yanmei Lin was the greatest gift the Fire Nation had ever received, but also the worst thing to ever happen to the royal family.