1

chapter one

chapter one

3 years ago

Yanmei sat in the royal garden with her friend Ty Lee and fed the turtle ducks some bread she collected from the kitchen. the young girls frowned as one of the baby's struggled to get a piece of the bread.

Yanmei created a tiny wave and pushed the bread towards the turtle duck, "there you go, little one" she smiled.

"Ty Lee, what are you doing with this peasant girl" Azula scolded as she and her 'friend' Mai walked over to the pond.

"we're feeding the turtle ducks! aren't they the cutest?!" Ty Lee giggled. Azula rolled her eyes.

"what do you want, Azula?" Yanmei asks with her arms crossed over her chest.

Azula leaned on the tree behind them with a smirk on her face, "I just wanted to let you know that Zuzu's not gonna be here for your little date later on"

Yanmei's face flushed a dark red, "it's not a date!" she blushed, truthfully wishing the words were true, but she would never act admit it.

Azula laughed at her beat red face, "don't get so worked up, Yanny, i'm just messing with you," she then gave Yanmei a serious look, "but I mean it when I say that Zuzu's in trouble"

Yanmei glared at the princess, "what happened to Zuko"

"he spoke out in a meeting with father and was quite rude to one of the generals. and you know how my father is, brother won't get away that easily"

Mai spoke up from behind Azula, "now he has to dual in an agni kai with the general"

Yanmei's eyes widen, "no! I have to help him!"

"and how exactly do you expect to do that?" Azula smirks, "you're nothing but a peasant. my father is only letting you stay because he's using you"

Yanmei cringed at the girls words, "stop!"

"why? are you gonna cry like a little baby? you don't have a mommy to run to. everyone left because you are nothing!"

Yanmei glared at Azula, "you're a liar! you have no right to talk to me this way!"

Azula laughed loudly, "I can do whatever I want! there's nothing you can do to stop me, peasant. I feel sorry for Zuzu, forced to be friends with you because that's what mother wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if he left you. it's bound to happen someday"