Waiting..

Kakashi pov:

The girls and I go back to Tazunas house leaving the two idiots outside training. Naruto and Sasuke arrive just after dinner is served and wolf down everything in front of them, glaring at each other while my sister, also glaring at how much more than her they were eating, begins wolfing down her food as if they had challenged her.

The next day Naruto and Sasuke were still training so I sent the girls to go and guard Tazuna as he worked on the bridge while I rested to regain my strength.

Y/N's Pov:

Sakura annoyingly rambled on about Sasuke and how she thought he was so great, almost as if in a dream world, so I left her to it and went for a walk to see if I could help out, leaving her looking delusional talking to herself.

"So what can I help with?" I asked Tazuna compellingly "this is probably too much hard labour for a little girl to be enduring, so why don't you go get some refreshments for everyone instead?" He replied cautiously seeming not to want to hurt my feelings. I pouted in reply "fine!".

I go back to the village market in search of food and beverages, but notice quickly that there is hardly anything around and there are a lot of hungry people begging on the streets, (I really want to do something for these people, I could use my nature/earth dragon slayer abilities to help grew food, but I would be breaking my promise to Gramps and Ka-nii. Screw it, I will do something for them later, unfortunately now is not the time.) I thought to myself as I walked with great difficulty, past everything and into the forest to see if I could find some fresh fish, nuts or berries. "Hopefully they won't taste like any of those terrible flying fish back home, and maybe I can get some fresh water from the river." I muttered to myself aloud. I make a basket out of tree bark and reeds and create bottles of glass from heating and compressing sand. After all the containers were made and I had gathered enough food and water I headed back to the bridge happily eating some berries and nuts from the trees on the way. 

Tazunas pov:

Y/N arrived back with food and water "where did you manage to get all that?" I asked amazed "In the forest" the young Silvette replied as if obvious. "But how did you manage to find so much fresh food in such a short time?" I queried "I smelt them, they have quite a yummy smell so I picked and caught them. Ohh I also found a lot of truffles" The young kunoichi proudly announced. Everyone sweat dropped at the young Silvettes response and then laughed "well I don't know how you found it but thank you we are all in your debt" I exclaimed dumbfounded at the sheer amount she had found.

After several more hours of work on the bridge and Y/N being a massive help, while Sakura, sat there watching from the sidelines we managed to get a lot more done putting us ahead of schedule. As dusk drew near we decided to stop and head back to the house. On the way through the village Y/N gave most of what she had left from the food she had gathered to all the villagers who were starving on the streets. 

Sakura and I stood and watched as the Silvette rushed about giving food out and healing the villagers ills and wounds somehow. " How can I repay you child? I have nothing to offer" Asked a very thin and tired looking lady, she had a crying baby in her arms and a small, thin, tattered looking boy curled up clinging to her. "No worries, I just want to help you and your children, I don't need you to repay anything." Replied Y/N with her closed eyed grin. 

"Your teammate is amazing, it's as if she's an Angel sent to help us" I exclaimed to the Pinkette beside me who watched her teammate in awe, however I noticed a hint of resentment and sadness hidden in her green eyes. She didn't reply, so we stood there in silence watching Y/N as more and more villagers came to see what was going on, until we could no longer see her through the crowed that had gathered. Sakura sighing loudly pushed herself off the wall we were resting against and dove into the crowd. She then reemerged with her silver haired teammate who had a relived and tired smile on her face.