End Of Summer Vacation

It's currently the last day of summer vacation. Mike, El, Dustin, Will, Lucas, and Max are hanging out at the lake like they have been doing every day for the past 2 weeks. Mike, Dustin and Will are in the water splashing around, while Max, Lucas and El are sitting on the bank talking about school.

EL'S POV:
"So do you think Hopper will let you come to school?" Max asks

"I'm not sure. I have asked him about it but he always changes the subject." I replied.

"Well, you have to consider the fact that a lot has happened over the past 2 years. Will went missing, El was being hunted down, we fought a Demogorgon, a mind flayer attempted to kill El, and El lost her powers. So I'd think that if Hopper didn't let you go, it would be for a good reason. Mainly because he wants to protect you." Lucas said as he took off his t-shirt, seeing as being directly under the sun was making him hot.

"I'm sure he wouldn't be so cruel as to not let her try and live and normal life by being at school," Max argued.

As they were bickering about me going to school or not, I stood up and wandered near the grass. I laid down and stared up at the sky.

MIKE'S POV:
I looked over to see El laying on the grass. I walked slowly out of the water and walked toward her.
I sat down next to her.

"Hey, El? You ok?" I said as she sat up.

"Yea. I'm fine. I'm just wondering.....what if I didn't go to school?" She said as she picked bits of grass off the ground.

"Don't worry. If Hopper doesn't let you go, we can still see each other. After school and on weekends, plus I can call you and you can call me." I say as I lift her chin up with my finger.
She looks at me and smiles. She places a soft kiss on my lips as she puts one hand around my neck. Our sweet moment was ruined by the sound of Dustin yelling at us from the lake.

"Mike! El! Let's go, or we will be late!" Dustin said as we grabbed our things and headed home.

El is picked up from my place. I call her 20 minutes later.

"Hey El," I say.

"Hey, Mike." She replies.

"I just asked Hopper, you know....." She said

"And? What did he say!" I asked excitedly.

"He said I can attend school with you, Max, Dustin, Lucas, and Will! As long as we behave, there is no funny business, and I get good grades. Plus he would be out of town for a couple of weeks. " El said.

"Yes! That's great El! Nancy will go over to your place and help you pick out an outfit tomorrow morning. Is that ok?" I asked.

"That's fine. I will let Hopper know of course. Anyway, I will see you tomorrow Mikey." She said.

"Did you just call me Mikey?" I asked

"Yea. I hope that's ok." She said

"That's fine. Ellie." I said. I could hear El giggling on her side of the call

"Goodnight Mikey," El said.

"Night Ellie" I replied as I hung up the phone. I was so glad that my girlfriend would be attending high school with me and my friends!

I put on my pj's and got into bed. After 10 minutes, I dozed off into a deep sleep.

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. There will be more coming.)