After the Storm: Finding El

Its 8 am and the storm, after hours of rain, has finally cleared up.

MIKE'S POV:

I wake up and notice that there isn't rain pouring down. I run upstairs and look out the window. It's clear. Grey skies, but clear. I write a note on a piece of paper and leave it on the top of the stairs.

Morning mom,

It's now clear. The storm has passed. I have left to go find El and make sure she is ok. I will be home by sunset.

-Mike

I grab my Intercom and my bike. I tape the Intercom to my bike and start to ride. I turn on the Intercom.

"Lucas? Do you copy?" I say. I hear a response.

"Yea. I copy!" Lucas replies.

"Meet me at the entrance to the woods in 5 min. Bring Dustin and Will. Over and Out!" I say as I turn off my intercom.

(5 Minutes Later)

I see Lucas, Dustin, and Will waiting for me. I pull up.

"So you think that El could be somewhere in those woods?" Dustin asked.

"I mean....we have to try looking here," I reply.

We all get off our bikes and head into the woods. After 1 hour Dustin sees a strange building.

"I see something! Follow me!" Dustin said.

We all follow Dustin to a shack with tape and superglue sealing the doors and windows. We put our bikes down and walked up to the steps. I ran up making sure the coast is clear. I saw a person in the shack with blood falling down their face. I looked at the person and realized who it was. It was El, and she was trapped.

"LUCAS! DUSTIN! WILL! IT'S EL! SHES IN THERE!" I yelled.

They run up the stairs.

"How do we even get to her??" Dustin asked.

"Look! That window is smashed!" Will said pointing to the window.

We all grabbed sticks and rocks to try and fully smash the window and it worked. I climbed through and ran straight to El.

"El? Babe? I'm here. I've got you! I've got you. One of you grab the phone and call Jonathan." I said.

Will grabs the phone and rings Jonathan.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Hey! It's me, Will!" Will replies.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Its El. She is knocked out and she has blood streaming down her face. Can you please come down here and help us get El back to our place?" Will asks.

"Ok! Nancy and I will be there in a minute." Jonathan hangs up the phone.

(15 Minutes Later)

"They are here!" Will yells.

Dustin and I carefully pick up El, as we take her out to the car. We walk for a while.

We finally get to the car. Will opens the back seat at he gets El into the car.

I sit in the car so El's head is resting on my leg.

"How long has she been like this?" Nancy asked.

"We found her like this so I assume.....since last night," I said.

Jonathan grabs my bike and puts it in his car.

Will, Dustin, and Lucas get their bikes and follow Jonathan in his car.

We get to Wills house. We carefully get El out of the car and into the house. We lay her on the couch as Nancy starts to clean and cover the wound on El's head. Once Nancy is done, I sit on the couch and wait for El to wake up.

(1 hour later)

EL'S POV:

I wake up with massive pain in my head. I whimper. I open my eyes to see Mike sitting there.

"Mike?" I say.

"El! You're awake!" He says as he hugs me.

He places a hand on my cheek and places a passionate kiss on my lips.

"I missed you!" I said.

He nodded.

"How did you get trapped in the shack?" Mike asked.

"Well...I don't remember much....but Stacy invited me to a party. I wore a blindfold and she sealed me in there. Then the storm came......and now... I'm here....." I said.

"Well, I'm glad you're ok," Mike said.

We sat there for the rest of the day. Eventually, we fell asleep.

------

(8 pm at Mikes house)

NANCY'S POV:

Jonathan and I took the sleeping Mike and El home to my place. We laid them on Mike's bed in his room. They snuggled up to each other...which was cute. We put the blanket over them and closed the door. Jonathan soon left, and I went to bed.