4: We will always be here

8 days later

Omniscient

12:30pm August 5th 2019

Melanie was working instead of eating her lunch and she hadn't even ate breakfast. She hadn't eating anything in 8 days and had no desire to. She had been stuffing her self in work only giving it attention. Her stomach was growling in hunger but she paid no attention to it. For 8 days she hadn't slept all night working of course and it was showing. Her eyes were blood shot red and some of the workers and models have started to notice the dangerous amount of weight she had lost in only 8 days. She looked like she could pass out any moment and they had been paying attention to her especially her assistant Megan who try's everything to get her to eat but she just won't. And since Deja was on a business vacation ,Megan couldn't bother her.

Melanie let some tears fall as she thought about what had happened last week.

Flashback

"I missed you thanks so much for calling". Melanie cheesed hugging her dad as she saw him flinch in pain.

"Dad are you ok". She asked as she let go off him.

"I missed you too Hershey bar and I need to talk to you but lemme get your brownies". He said calling Melanie the nick name her mom called her when she was 5.

"Ok dad". She said sitting on the red velvet couch nervously picking her fingers.

Her dad , Elijah returned with the brownies and with some milk her favorite snack from her child hood.

"Mela I'm so proud of you, you've made it to the top no matter the heart breaks you faced and have made me so happy. You making money moves now and making me proud even your mom and sister in heaven. Even your best friend Deja. And I cant believe you ain't told me bout that boy Quincy but Deja did and look how you turned out. Beautiful, strong ,independent and rich black woman. 24 years ago I would have never thought I was going to be a dad. I was a young nigga in the game and I met your beautiful mother. And I'm so happy she gave me you and your sister and I love you all. But I'm afraid it's time I go join them and give up fighting because you proved to me that you can handle anything and I'll still be with you through out the way. Your mom, sister and I will be with you". He finished wiping tears out of his eyes as he saw his little girl weep in sorrow.

It was no secret that Elijah has lung cancer it went away for a while but unfortunately came back. He had been fighting but he has become week. The only thing that kept him alive was knowing he had to help his little girl grow up but now he got the closure he needed and knew she was going to be just fine with Deja. 

"No dad NO PLEASE NO DON'T LEAVE ME I NEED YOU IM BROKEN AND I NEED YOU DON'T GO PLEASE don't go please stay with me. Don't you want to see your grandkids one day PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME". Melanie screamed hugging her dad crying on his shoulder. She felt like everyone was leaving her but he wouldn't be leaving he'll guide her just like her mom did and her sister.

"Mela I'm sorry but I know you will be fine I love you so much but I can't keep fighting I can't I love you so much baby and I'll always be with you". He cried before letting his tears go and taking his last breath as his lungs gave up. He refused to be in the hospital telling the doctors his time had come and he had to go. So he left earth but his spirit stayed with his daughter.

"NO DAD NO PLEASE NO STAY WITH ME STAY WITH ME PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE DON'T GO I LOVE YOU I..I NEED YOU PLEASE.....please don't go". She screamed whispering the last three words while checking for a pulse but got non. Tears fled down her eyes as she cried in sorrow she just kept crying.

She laid on his body before calling the police and telling them what happened. She didn't even tell Deja knowing it will break her too. Deja was like a sister to Melanie so Elijah treated her like another one of his daughters.

End of flashback

Megan walked in the room with a plate of Chinese food from 2 blocks away. Megan also cared about Melanie's well being and wanted her to be ok.

"Ok thats it, Melanie I care about you so what's going to happen is you are going to eat this delicious food I just bought for you with your credit card of course. Then I'm gonna call your driver to take you home and you are gonna take 2 weeks off and relax. I'm gonna call Deja and she's going to talk to you about whats wrong". She spoke sitting down on the other side of Melanie's desk and placing the food right in front of her before turning off her computer.

"Megan I understand your'e trying to help but -". Melanie started to talk but Megan cut her off shoving a spoon of rice in Melanie's mouth.

"No buts eat your food before so that ass could get fatter it's been getting flat and you losing too much weight". Megan shrugged as Melanie chewed her food.

"Now I'm calling Deja to come back and yall can talk but if you need some other soul to talk to then you can talk to me I'll listen". Megan said before walking out.

Melanie ate her food and sighed she had lost too many people her while family was gone. But she held on to her life as she heard a voice in her head.

"We are here for you Melanie we would always be here". Her mom, sister and dad said in union as Melanie smiled knowing they will help her.

Yall this was so fucking hard to write I was crying snd shit but theres going to be way more crying in this book. Anyways if yall have questions ask me cause theres a whole lot more yall need to find out.

Vote , comment and share.