What are we? (3)

Hey everyone!

I hope you're enjoying this short story! I'm not sure how many parts this is going to have and I'm currently toying with the idea of making it into a full book because I have a bunch of ideas popping into my head and I don't know whether I want to write them as lots of OSs or just one full story. I'll see what I do over the next few days.

Also if you're enjoying it, it would be lovely if you left some comments and 'liked' the part. It just encourages me when I write. In either case, here comes the next part!

Precap

She said she needed time and time is what he would give her so very reluctantly he started taking steps backwards so he could look at her one last time, before he turned around and walked out.

Part 3

Zoya immediately collapsed to the floor sobbing into her hands, struggling to breathe. She felt sick and trapped in that sari so she began to unwind the material off her as fast as she could. If she went any faster, she would've ripped the sari. She changed into a kurta and sleeping pyjamas and fell into bed hoping that sleep would overtake her and allow her to forget about the tumultuous day.

Aditya barely got any sleep during the night. Tossing and turning the whole time, screaming into his pillow to let out his frustration but nothing seemed to help. He eventually rolled out of bed at 6am and went for his morning jog. He returned at 7, showered and ran out of the house before anyone could ask him any questions.

After returning from Paris, Zoya had forced him to join Zosh. Her first preference had been for him to go get his pilot's licence but he had declined saying he wasn't ready yet and he wanted to ease back into his life and so Zosh was the obvious choice. At the time Aditya had been reluctant but today he was grateful that she had forced him because it gave him an excuse to go back into the office in the hopes of seeing her.

Aditya got in at 9am just as everyone else was getting in. He expected Zoya to be there before he arrived because she was always first in and last out but he was wrong. When he checked his watch at 9.30 and she still hadn't arrived, he knew it was because of him and what happened the night before.

Zoya too barely slept all night. She couldn't believe how the day had turned out. She had been so excited to go to the cinema with her best friend but now she didn't know what he was anymore. She had convinced herself that she didn't feel the same way as him but she didn't know how this could continue. Would they stay friends? Did she want that? Did Aditya want that?

With all these thoughts in her head she finally managed to fall asleep at around 6am. Since no one was at home there was no one to wake her up so she missed all her alarms and by the time she jumped out of bed she was running very late.

She drove to the office as fast as she could. She had a whole day of meetings lined up and she was already behind schedule. Zoya ran into the building and into the lift and pushed the button. She kept looking at the time in her watch. It was showing 9.45 and her first meeting with her new client was at 10. Usually she would give herself 30-45 mins in the morning before taking any meetings but today she had no choice. She ran into the office bidding everyone good morning and as just as she was about to open the door to her cabin she noticed something from the corner of her eye. Aditya was sitting at his desk but looking directly at her. They both froze in place for a few seconds until akanksha called out to Zoya.

'Zoya Ma'am, your meeting is in 10 mins with Saira Kumar and her fiancé Kunal Babbal. They're coming to talk to us about the final preps for their wedding to be held at the end of next month. I've prepared our presentation and ordered snacks for them. Is there anything else you would like me to do?'