Chapter 15

Recap:

He cupped her face in his hands and brought his forehead to hers. As they both closed their eyes, their minds clouded by the closeness and intimacy, Aditya spoke,

'Breathe, my Zoya. I'm right here. Everything will be good.'

Chapter 15

They remained in that position for a little while. Foreheads joined, hands clinging and breaths mingling.

Zoya was still struggling to fully catch her breath so Aditya had an idea. He moved one of his hands off her cheek, took her hand and put it to his heart.

'Feel my heartbeat Zoya. Breathe with me. Let your heart beat with mine.'

She followed his command and rested her hand on his chest and their heartbeats synced, finally allowing Zoya to come back to normal.

As she felt herself relax she slowly pulled her hand and forehead away from Aditya who looked into her eyes searchingly. He had many questions but he didn't want to stress her out again so, still on his knees in front of her, he proceeded with caution.

'Zoya...what happened. We found you slumped on the grass. How did you get there?'

Zoya searched her mind for a response to his question. She knew exactly what had happened. After speaking to Saira  and hearing about Kirti's feelings, she lost control.

Once again, Zoya felt like her life was slipping through her fingers. She had once told Aditya, 'zindagi pighalne mat dijiye' (don't let life melt away) but that's what she felt like was happening to her now. Her life was melting away in front of her eyes and she was too much of a coward to do something about it.

'Aditya...nothing happened. I just started thinking about a few things and I started to panic. I'm fine now though. It's fine.'

'No it isn't fine Zoya.' Aditya pushed her gently.

'Are you telling me something upset you and sent you spiralling, so much so, that you had a panic attack. Something you haven't had in months? And suddenly something triggered it. What was it Zoya? Tell me please so I can help you.'

She shouldn't have, but she felt herself hey irritated. It was all because of him. But she couldn't tell him what happened. No way. Not until she could figure out what her heart wanted her to do, she couldn't say anything to him and so her only option was to lash out.

'Aditya, nothing happened. Please don't push it.'

'Why shouldn't I push it Zoya. How can I not push it?'

She felt herself lose total control.

'Because you're not my husband Aditya! This is none of your business. For God's sake just leave me alone this once! This is a private, personal issue. I don't have to tell you. I don't want to tell you and you can't make me!'

Aditya's stepped back in shock. None of his business?! She didn't want to tell him...

He took another few steps back and landed on the armchair opposite her bed.

She immediately felt guilt course through her veins but before she could get up and apologise, he got up again.

'Ok Zoya fine, you don't want to tell me. Fine don't tell me. But for now, you have to rest. I'm not going to let you go anywhere tonight and I'm not leaving till I don't see you get in bed and go to sleep.'