4-My Little Brother is a Dog

Weeks... no, months passed and I had accomplished almost nothing. That's a lie, I learned about how people find out if they have magic capacity. Turns out that on your 13th birthday you get measured for it. I read it in a book that talked about connecting with your inner magic and all souls have different power yada yada yada. The game never said anything about Scarlet having magic capacity so I already know that I don't. My birthday is coming up next month, yay can't wait to meet the supposed love of my life prince who will likely take part in the ending of my life! Note the sarcasm folks, note it. I push back my covers and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I yawned and stretched my legs and arms. I opened my closet to reveal the large array of dresses. Too many, and this was only half of what it was before! I scavenge through the large mass of poofiness and find something that seems suitable for today. A light yellow, I remember his one had neon blue lace instead of white but I had it replaced. It also had bright red beads attached to the sleeves and the bottom.

 It also had bright red beads attached to the sleeves and the bottom

The new dress ^

It was better than it was before at least but it was still kind of uncomfortable to move around in excessively. Ladies do not run, at least according to my mother, so I guess I won't be doing excessive movement anyways.

Tia bursts into the room. "We... we have an issue." She's sweating profusely and looks nervous.

"What? Is it really that bad?" I ask. Great now I'm worried.

"I don't know yet it's really all about perspective." She blurts. "Just, your father wants to see you."

Oh no... how did I forget? Was it because his route was so forgettable? I dash out of the room and down the hall. Please please please don't let it be true! Stopping outside his office door I inhale and exhale slowly to try to calm myself down. Today I'm meeting a capture target for the first time. Oh goody. I feel like I'm going to puke. I cautiously open the door mentally trying to prepare myself for what awaits on the other side. My eyes meet with a young little boy who looks only a year younger than me. So cute! He reminds me of a little puppy!

"Scarlet, this is your new brother. He will be the future heir to my title." My father said sternly. "Treat him well although I know you won't listen."

His glare made me shrink and I nodded. "Understood, please follow me..." I pretended that I didn't know his name.

"Andrew." He said nervously.

"Of course, please follow me Andrew." I kept myself stone faced trying not to show emotion in front of my father. I guided him down halls until we were out of ear shot from my father's office. "Phew!" I sighed and smiled. I needed to get on Andrew's good side. In the game he was ignored by me and sometimes even treated badly by me. How could I do that to such an adorable child! Sure he was only a year younger than me but something about him just reminded me of a small lost puppy. I had the sudden urge to pet his shiny soft blonde hair.

"Umm... Scarlet?" Andrews voice spoke snapping me out of my sudden daze. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay." An idea popped into my head. "I have a great idea! Let me show you something!" I grab his hand and pull him into the direction of my favorite place. The broken down shed! We arrive only moments later.

"What is this?" Andrew asks in confusion.

"My favorite place!" I state proudly. Behind me a piece of the roof falls off.

He raises an eyebrow. "Is the inside secretly a stair case to a fancy ballroom or a giant wardrobe?"

Where did this sass come from? Stay innocent little puppy boy! "No, it's something a billion times better!" I swing the door open to reveal a room filled with flowers hanging from the ceiling. The light shines in through the cracks in the wooden walls making the place look rather pretty and calming. You can see dust particles floating around in the room. "See? No stuffy social pressure. Much much much better than a ballroom or walk in wardrobe." I smiled a genuine smile and found that he was stunned.

"You really like this kind of thing?" He looks confused as he mutter those words.

"Well yeah, this is where I have been experimenting! I've been trying to make a perfume that smells better than what nobles are wearing today." I pinched my nose in exaggeration.

He tilted his head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Ah that's right, he was born a commoner and was only adopted by my father for the convenience of having a male heir. That means he hasn't had to meet any other nobles or even my mother. He hasn't had to witness the monstrosity, the evil, the horror, the stink.

"You'll see." I laughed. "More like you'll smell. Wait till you meet my mother, it explains everything."

He nodded slowly still not following what I was saying. I looked at the sundial I had made and stationed outside. Looks like it did have a use since I didn't have a pocket watch.

"Looks like it's almost lunch, let's go back now." I say and pat his head. I'm sorry Andrew, I couldn't help it. "Can I call you Ande? And you can call me Lette! Like the last part of Scarlet but more nickname fitting!"

"I..." He tried to object but I cut him off.

"So Ande, shall we go?" I held my arm out to him and he tentatively grabbed it.

"Okay... Lette." He tested the name on the top of his tongue and grabbed my arm. "Let's go!" He pointed back at the mansion excitedly.

I guess he was excited to eat fancy non-commoner type food! We made it to the dining hall with bright smiles on our face. It's food time!