Misunderstandings

Jade's POV:

"Morning sweetie. What would you like for breakfast?" I hear my mom say, as soon as I step foot into the kitchen.

I simply shrug my shoulders and grunt in response, walking straight towards the coffee machine.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I can't stop replaying last night's events in my mind. How scared and vulnerable Vega looked last night when that prick laid his hands on her.. how relieved she was when I pulled him away from her.. how beautiful she was when she finally let go on the dance floor and began to smile with me..

Ugh, I'm probably flustered right now.

I sip on my coffee, and lean against the counter, thinking of how I'm gonna tell Vega. I still haven't figured it out yet.. and honestly, I'm no closer to an idea as I was yesterday.

"Thinking about Tori?" Crystal asks in her regular happy morning tone, as she cracks an egg.

"How did you know?" I raise an eyebrow, and she chuckles as she turns to face me briefly.

"Every time you think of her, you look like you're in Cloud 9, and you always have a absent-minded grin planted on your face.." she says, and I try to quickly change my face into a scowl.

She rolls her eyes with a small laugh, before going back to the stove.

"So I'm assuming you two made up since you spent the night at her house last night." Crystal continues, and I smile at the thought of holding Vega close to my body, wrapping an arm around her tiny waist..

"Yep" I say, popping my 'p', before taking another sip from my coffee.

Maybe I should just get Cat to ask Tori if she likes me or not.. it's probably the best way to find out without getting hurt myself. But deep down, I know I have to tell her the truth sooner or later..

But she'll leave me!

Or she might not..

But she will.. how can anyone like a scissor freak like me?

"Mom?"

"Yeah honey" she says in her sweet tone, which for some reason I don't despise anymore.

"Why did you never remarry after Dad left?" I ask in a curious tone, and she quickly turns around to face me with a shocked and confused look portrayed on her face.

I can see why she's so surprised.. I mean, I haven't talked about Dad since.. well since he left. I refused to say his name, and I refused to look at any old pictures of him. Whenever someone brought him up in a conversation, I'd exit the room immediately..

And now all of a sudden, I voluntarily bring him up in a conversation..?

"Uh I guess I never found the right guy.." she says, her voice wavering a little.

"But what ever happened to that guy Tony you were dating. You two seemed pretty close.." I push, and I start walking towards her, standing beside her as she continues cooking.

"Tony and I chose to stay friends instead, since we felt that we were no longer compatible." She formally says, and I roll my eyes at her lame excuse. It's like she's practised that line a bunch of times..

"He said he loved you.. did you not feel the same?" I ask, and she starts to get more and more nervous. She's clearly never talked about this before.. and I gotta admit.. I'm not the easiest person to have an easy-going going conversation with.

"It's not that I didn't love him.." she trails off, placing the omelette on a plate. I motion for her to continue, and she lets out a huff as she finally turns to look me dead in the eye.