Dinner Disaster

Tori's POV:

"Jade!?" I scream, as I bolt upright and my eyes jerk open..

Chiz.. I just had the worst nightmare..

And what makes it worse is the fact that Jade is no longer beside me, making me panic tremendously.

Suddenly, the bathroom door flies open, and she runs up to me with concern written all over her face, as she sits down on the bed next to me.

"What! What happened? What's wrong?" She panics, and my chest heaves heavily as I come out of the shock of my terrible dream.

"U-uh.. nothing.. I just had a bad dream.." I say, and she pulls me into a small side hug, making me smile a little.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that Vega. It's okay now. I'm here.." she coos, as she rubs soft circles on my side, and I lay my head on her shoulder.

We stay in this position for a while, until I pull away to check the time, and see that it's almost 8.

"Oh my God. It's almost 8. And you still stayed?" I ask incredulously.

"Of course I did. You freaked when I went to the bathroom" she points out, and I playfully roll my eyes at her but deep down I'm quite surprised that she's still here, after hours..

"Hey Vega?" She calls.

"Yeah?" I say, turning around so that I'm giving her my full attention.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me before you fell asleep?" She asks, and I remember immediately.

"Oh yeah! I uh, I need a favour.." I say nervously, and she raises an eyebrow.

This is gonna tough..

"Um, I might've.. told my parents.. that we'll have dinner.. with them.. tomorrow." I nervously trail, and her eyes widen slightly as they harden.

"What! No! I don't do dinner with parents Vega." She exclaims, and I pout at her, hoping to change her mind.

It's not my fault my parents want to get to know her. I told them that I have a girlfriend the other day, and they were really happy for me, until I mentioned Jade's name..

Of course they knew how much she used to torment me in school every time I ranted about her, and they were super confused at my decision, so I told them how much she had changed and how sweet and caring she is now..

But then they asked to meet her, and I awkwardly agreed to it because I was so nervous..

Not my best move I know, but how bad can it be? I mean, Jade really has changed since I first met her.. and as long as she doesn't snap at anyone, or make any of her usual sarcastic remarks.. then I'm sure she'll ace the first impression.

But I gotta get her to agree to it in the first place..

"Vega, you know how much I hate formal stuff.." she whines, and I pout even more, but she seems pretty strict about it right now.

"Please Jade. Pretty pretty please?" I plead, but she simply crosses her arms over her chest, and looks away from my face. Part of me smirks since I know she's trying to avoid my pout, but I'm still not giving up on this.

"No. I'm not doing it" she strongly keeps her foot down, and I try to think of something to convince her.

"I'll literally go on my knees, Jade. Pleeeaase baby. They even cancelled their plans just so we could all eat together." I say, trying to get her to face me, but she doesn't remove the frown from her face.