Worth it?

Jade's POV:

There! I said it! I told her the fucking truth coz the guilt was eating up on me.. but she won't even fucking say a word! She's just standing still, with her eyes widened and her jaw dropped..

"I know you're probably gonna leave me now and I don't blame you. You.. deserve someone so much better than me, Tori. You're beautiful.. inside and out, and I'm sorry.. I never meant to fall for you.. but it's pretty hard not to when you're you.." I say in a defeated tone, leaning against the wall, avoiding her eyes.

She's probably repulsed by me..

We stay in silence for a couple of minutes, until she finally gets out of shock and speaks in a soft tone.

"Jade.." she says, and I still don't look up at her as I stop her from continuing.

I know she's gonna reject me. But I just couldn't continue hiding my feelings anymore.. I had to tell her..

"It's okay Vega. You don't have to say anything back. I just.. needed to tell you.." I sigh, standing up straight and taking out my phone from my back pocket.

I scan through it for a few seconds until I finally see what I'm searching for, before handing the phone to her. She raises a questioning eyebrow at me as she accepts the phone from my hands, and an instant look of surprise reaches her face when she sees what it is..

I'm assuming you can guess what it is..

The screenshot.

Half of my brain is screaming at me to take it back, since it's the only way I can still keep her.. but the other half is.. well proud of me for doing this.

As much as I want to keep blackmailing her to stay with me.. I know I can't force her to love me..

And that's why I'm letting her go.. I can't keep her imprisoned like this for the rest of her life.. she isn't some slave.. or some prisoner..  she's a perfect and beautiful girl who never deserved any of this.. and it sickens me that she had to encounter someone like me in her life.

So that's why I'm giving away the one thing that could prevent her from leaving me.. coz I realised.. that sometimes when you love someone, you have to let them go..

Her eyebrows shoot up, and she looks at me with a completely shocked look on her face, silently asking if this is all real, and I give her a little nod, while looking down.

"Go ahead. Delete it." I tell her, and I close my eyes as I know this is the final time I'm ever gonna be this close to Vega. I guess it was fun while it lasted.. but I never wanted it to last in the first place.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap around my shoulder as Tori lunges into me with full force, giving me a tight hug. I try not to let the tears fall, as I hug her back, knowing that this is probably the last hug I'll ever receive from her.

"Thank you Jade.." she mumbles into my neck, and I hold onto her waist for dear life, wishing this moment will never end.

I sure will miss this..

I pull back and look into my favourite sparkling brown eyes as I give her a tiny smile.

"I-I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for doing this to you Vega. I hurt you so bad and I'll never forgive myself for it.. and I hope that one day, we can hopefully be frien-" I try saying, but she cuts me off.

"I don't wanna be friends with you Jade." She finishes my sentence, and I deflate instantly.

Of course she wouldn't.. she probably doesn't even wanna be near me. She probably wants me to go die in a hole, or get hit by a fucking bus or-