prologue

The young mistress and master of the mystic arts at the dinner table, the younger one was angry. The older one just stared at her with the same look, memorizing her face as if he had just seen her for the first time. Her hands gripped the table as the lamp light shone on both our faces, his grey-blue orbs felt like they were digging into her astral self. Spencer's heart pounded as his gaze continued to get more intense, as if it was backing her into a corner. But, she didn't take her burning gaze off him. He smirked, and she scowled playfully for a second.

"You know, you could have just-" He began, but she interrupted him.

"Yeah, yeah. I was waiting." She covered up for herself.

"So...are you gonna take it?"

"Not if you are, then we'll have some issues." He raised an eyebrow at his daughter and Spencer grinned, leaning her chin onto the palm of her hand, eyebrows furrowed in rage. His hand twitched and she took it as the starting point of this battle.

Her hand instantly shot through a golden portal and reached for the last eggroll with the cheap wooden, but functioning, chopsticks. The red cloak then smacked it away and the father-daughter duo bolted out of their chairs to it. Spencer raised her chopsticks and shot them forward, almost picking up the food, but her dad dodged the thin pieces of wood and had a hold on the last eggroll.

Spencer gasped dramatically, and round-house kicked his hand and her cobalt cloak bumped it toward her, she would have had it if the crimson cloak didn't trap it in the collar. She groaned with wide eyes as he grabbed it between his slim fingers. Spencer was destined to get the last eggroll if it was the last thing she'd do.

The hand of Spencer went through another gold opening behind him and snatched it from the air, she picked it up with her chopsticks and ate it triumphantly. Stephen Strange sighed and sat back down, a small frown upon his face.

"HA!" Spencer exclaimed with a smile. He looked at her with utter defeat, before grinning at his daughter.

"Nice pick up." He lightly praised her, and she shrugged, taking the last bite.

"You could have used the eye, but—"

It was at this moment she knew. She fucked up. I HAVE MADE A GREAT MISTAKE AND I WOULD LIKE TO UNDO IT, PLEASE.

Stephen's hand quickly went through a portal and he pulled out the golden necklace, opening it, inside was the emerald glowing time stone. Spencer's eyes widened as she held up her hands defensively,

"Oh come on, it's just an eggroll."

"From Hong Kong." He said, as she only smiled nervously. They held an intense gaze for a solid minute before he closed it back up and chuckled.

"Give me a heart attack, why don't cha." She said and flopped on the cushion of the dining room chair, clutching her chest playfully.

"Does that seem like something I would pull, Spence?" She shrugged. Spencer stared at him blankly before saying one word, not breaking character.

"Yes." The joy that emitted from the two seemed contagious as they laughed it up about something so stupid.

That was about to change tomorrow, and Spencer had a feeling it would.

NOTE: Thoughts? Opinions? Hopes? Dreams? Thanks for reading.