[7] Eradication Of Sin

It didn't take much to infiltrate the inner workings of Armando Dippet's mind, the cogs that turned were old. Orange speckled rust was dispersed among them. In a mere few seconds, he picked up his quill and enrolled my two demons. With his eyes glazed he smiled and with a few spells to alter his memory, Cato and Maze were two orphan children like me. I had spun another tale of lies from my devilish mouth. They came out in melodies and the demons helped with the harmonies.

Here we were, silently walking towards the library with a collective goal in mind. If in any case I fail to fix the past then Hell would need a way to destroy Gabriel and, it's other celestial inhabitants. Angels, archangels and the parasitic cherubs who leach off the fountain of youth; all would have to perish with or without me.

"I could just tell the future," Cato interrupted. His black robes swooshed behind him after being no longer in his leather getup, he was adored in blue. A true know-it-all.

"Yes, cause fucking up the future even more sounds like a great idea." I sarcastically remarked causing a sullen frown to appear on Cato's face. In the corner of my eye Mazikeen smirked at the deviance of Cato.

Mazikeen as one of the children of Lilith was one of the most loyal and terrifying demons after her Mother. She protected me and destroyed anyone who could be a danger to my life. The dangers towards me are very little, thanks to little Maze. However, when Cato arrived with a fully manifested human form with the powers to predict the unpredictable there was a certain competition ignited by his arrival. Who could be the better demon? The most knowledgeable or the most loyal? After nearly five thousand years it carries on. The two should just fuck already, it would ease the tension.

Entering the library we earned a narrowed glance from the Librarian who obviously didn't recognize the two standing beside me, carrying on we marched to the back of the Library where the forbidden books laid.

"What are we looking for?" Maze asked with conviction her eyes ablaze at being in the realm of mortals for the first time.

"How to kill an Archangels, angels and Cherubs," I groaned at the pests name, "Get me abook on how to kill Cherubs." There was a small scoff from the two before they dove straight in scowering for anything.

I stood watching them with a small smile with my hands behind my back, glancing at the clock on the wall we had about twenty minutes until lunch. Twenty minutes until Cato and Maze are stuck in hell with me... pun intended.

"AHA! Found something," Cato called out with a pristine white book with golden lined pages.

"The Blades of the First: A guide to killing the supernatural," I read it aloud and this time it was Mazikeen with a sullen face. It quickly contorted into anger before she slapped the back of Cato's head.

Cato turned to hiss at her, preparing to use his fire ability that all demons have to resist the burning inferno of Hell. Clearing my throat we carefully snuck out of the forbidden section. Stalking towards a round table we slammed down the book, it echoed through the library causing the librarian and Tom Riddle to glare at us.

Wait...

I tensed up seeing the familiar green eyes, remembering our last encounter as he 'obliterated' my memories of him. Turning back to the book I opened it, a cloud of dust floats upwards causing us to all cough.

"Damn. These. Mortal. Lungs." Mazikeen wheezed out, Cato nodded his head along with the statement. Sighing I ran my finger down the index. I froze.

The demons stiffened beside me as we stared at the title of one section right at the very bottom with the symbol of a goat with horns. The text was written in red ink differing from the rest which was written in black, clenching my hand I turned towards page 255.