[8] Requiem for the Devil

Tom Riddle stared at the black ash that was scattered on the floor and on the table, stepping back, he slowly unveiled his wand and pointed it at the mess on the floor. His emerald eyes glimmered with antcipation, he knew that whatever Lucille had burnt was apart of her detrimental secret.

"Repairo." He whispered underneath his breath, it came out like a hiss.

The black ash slowly floated upwards to the table and began to stitch itself back together in the book, the spell injected the yellow tinge to the page. Barely containing his excitement Tom let out a small chuckle. The words started to appear, pieces of imperitive knowledge that he needed to destroy Lucille Lux.

It was only a matter of time before she discovered that it was he who obliterated her, that everything she said comes back to haunt him. He needed a way to kill her to ensure her silence.

The page was fully formed, his eyes flickered from line to line. His expression darkened at the words on the unholy page. No longer did the light shine on the book, there was a growing shadow. Quickly he ripped the newly repaired page out of the book shoving it into his pocket he made his escape to the Great Hall.

-|- -|- -|-

I didn't pay attention when Dippet announced the arrival of my friends, everything just seemed so blurrly and unreal. My mind struggling to comprehend that their was a way to killl me, never ever would I believe that I was destructible. It seems that Gabriel isn't kidding. He could kill me. He could destroy and control me. The question was if he knew how, that was the gamble.

Sensing the worried eyes of Mazikeen I smile hesitantly knowing that she too is thinking the same thing, Cato's and her anxiousness echoes within my mind. I never was the one to finish things. Why would I when I can get people to do it for me.

Looking past Mazikeen I see another unexpected stare from the mortal witch Aldora Griffin, her friends nudged her worriedly causing her to break. Standing up slowly I caustiously make my way over to her with Mazikeen following behind, Cato follows suit.

There was this strange feeling in my chest as I passed the other houses, both sneering and looking at Mazikeen and I with contempt. The feeling of rejection perhaps? I shook it off not wanting the feeling of not being accepted in my divine body, I didn't need mortal friends. Didn't friends fullstop. My eyes flickered to the demons behind me before turning to Aldora on the edge of the Hufflepuff table.

"Fraternizing with a Hufflepuff are we Lucille, that's low for a Slytherin." Tom Riddle comented with a snide smile, "Especially since she's, you know, a mudblood."

Cato and Mazikeen turned to each other with confundment unsure of what the term mudblood actually means, shifting my gaze to Aldora she's sunken and deflated.

"I'm very well aware of what she is," I snarkily replied and Tom's brow creased, turning swiftly he walked away to the Slytherin table. Sitting down he glared at me from afar with a certain sparkle in his eyes. Gulping nervously I turn back to Aldora.

"Griffin, are you okay?" I place a pitiful hand on her shoulder, blinking away her melancholy aura she smiled happily at me, "Yep, did you want to sit down?" She asked, nodding slowly the demons and I lowered ourselves into a seat. A murmur ran through the great hall.

"Do you guys have issues or are all of you prejudiced mortals?" Maze asked, her face showing know emotion. Aldora coughed in surprised and struggled to swallow the food she was eating.

"Um, I'm sorry?" She blurted out.

"Do you all hate eachother? I can pratically feel the animosity being drilled into my skull." Cato let out a chuckle at Mazikeen's bluntness before he nodded in agreement before adding, "It's quite disorientating."

Aldora's smile faltered, "Pureblood's hate mudbloods, witches that come from muggle families with no magical lineage." Cato perked up at the sound of knowledge whereas Mazikeen yawned.

"What's the deal with Tom Riddle then?" Maze curiously answered, Cato scoffed and was sent another muderous glare.

"He has a little group, rumoured to have a little group dedicated to making mudblood's lives torturous." Maze nodded in approval, sighing I kicked her shin under the table before she scowled in sadness.

There was a silence before the two demons bursted out with questions that Aldora couldn't possibly answer but did her best to, groaning I removed myself from their presence not that they noticed and walked back to the Slytherin taking a seat behind Tom Riddle.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was rude to stare?" He smirked, "No, My mother died and left me at a muggle orphanage." I laughed, their was a small smile on his face as he looked at me. Staring longer than he should've.

"What?" I whispered lowly thinking there was something wrong, his soft smile didn't dissapear.

"People don't usually laugh when I tell them my mother's dead or, that I grew up in a muggle orphanage," He paused playing with the food on the table, "They either say sorry or ignore me completely." He impaled a grape with his fork and gracefully plopped it into his mouth.

"I think I figured your secret it out." I froze, my spine going rigid. Sensing my distress the two demons turned and looked over at me their eyes glowling red.

"You see, your a Satanist." I had to stop myself from laughing, it was the most obvious conclusion I suppose. Turning towards him I smirked acting defeated. He leant into my ear his breath tickling it, peppermint breath wafted into my nostrils yet I remained in character.

"What I don't understand is why you would burn this?" Reaching into his pocket he pulled out an old piece of paper, unravelling it the familair dreaded words stared back at me. Looking over at Tom Riddle his eyes darkened by evil I could only breathe heavily in distress. He didn't know what it meant, that it was a recipe to kill and control me.

He leant in closing his lips against my ear, "Tell me why you didn't want to summon your God."