Iida X Reader - Horror Movie Date Night

"Now remember (y/n), it's nothing but special effects and a made-up story, thus there is no reason to fear!" Iida stated as he held up three horror movies you had brought over. "I know." You replied as you stuffed your mouth with more popcorn. "Alright, they're nothing but people in make-up, costumes, and really good effects!" Iida quickly turned to the television and inserted one of the discs. "Iida, sounds like you're trying to convince yourself not to get scared." You smirked as you took a sip of the tea that had been fixed earlier.

He looked at you as if you had just offended him and everything he stood for. "I am not scared! Hero's don't get scared!" He puffed up proudly, which made you stare in amusement. "Huh, okay, well come sit down." You patted the empty spot on the couch signaling him to come join you. Once he came over and sat, you placed the bowl in his hands before getting up to turn the lights off. "W-what are you doing?" He asked with a hint of fear in his voice. You turned your head slightly and gave a sly smile "Turning the lights off." You flicked the switch.

"A-are you sure that's such a good idea? What if you have to use the restroom and trip as you stand?! You can't see where you're going." Iida claimed as you watched his grip tighten on the bowl of popcorn. "I'll manage." A small sadistic smile crept onto your face. Walking back over you took the remote from the coffee table and hit play before taking your seat. You leaned against your boyfriend and reached your hand into the bowl of popcorn on his lap. He jumped slightly as he felt your hand brush against his and due to this you gave a low chuckle. "A little jumpy aren't you Tenya? The movie hasn't even started." You spoke as you placed a few pieces of popcorn in your mouth.

His cheeks turned a dark red as he pushed up his glasses. "I'm not jumpy, just the touch from your hand was really unexpected." He rambled as he ate a few pieces of popcorn himself. "Uh-huh." You chuckled lowly as you watched the opening credits. You knew that horror movies were torture for your boyfriend of six months, but damn was it fun to watch the class rep get all jumpy due to jump scares, and paranoid when the music picked up. Was it cruel for you to do this to your boyfriend? Most definitely. Were you going to beat yourself up over it? Certainly not.

This was due to the fact that, whenever Tenya asked what you wanted to watch as an indoor date night movie, he knew you would pick horror no matter thus he opened up pandora's box to your world of R-rated blood and gore. Oh, you still remember the first time he suggested a indoor movie date night. It was Valentine's day, and since his parents were out on a date, he had thought it would be cute to have an indoor date while they were away. Thus, he allowed you to pick out any movie you wanted as he ordered take out. Due to this, you had chosen a gory and graphic Valentines themed movie.
You believed it to be perfectly fine, meanwhile your boyfriend held onto you in fear. However, in the end he tried to cover it up with the excuses of "You looked cold." "I held you since you seemed a bit frightened." And your favorite of all "You need a hero to protect you." He had stated as if the killer from the movie was going to jump out of the television to try and attack you. Due to these "romantic" gestures, you decided to make him feel in a way, manly, thinking he was protecting you and comforting you through such horrific scenes.

That's why you decided that whenever Tenya suggested an indoor movie date, you always brought your best horror movies from your large collection. Be it American, Indie, or Japanese you had a vast amount of horror movies that you loved sharing with your boyfriend. It surprised you when you'd suggest he choose a movie instead, and he always picked a horror movie as if stating that indoor movie date night was indoor horror movie date night. Honestly, it made you smile. He was willing to put his on sanity and pride on the line for one to two hours, just to make you smile.

However, your train of thought was broken as Tenya jumped slightly nearly nocking the bowl of popcorn out of his lap. "You okay Iida?" You asked curiously as you turned your attention to the screen. A man had just gotten a spear to the chest and was being dragged away by the killer to an unknown location. "H-haha, yes I'm perfectly fine (y/n). You looked a little preoccupied, so I decided to give you a fright...Did it work?" He asked trying to play off his fear as he recovered from his scare. You blinked in a bit of surprise. "Was I really out for that long?" You thought to yourself. You gave your attention back to Iida and simply smiled. "Terrified." You replied leaning against him.

Both your attention was turned back to the television in front of you as you watched the murderer chase one of the few females left through the woods with an ax in hand. Just as the girl fell, and the murderer prepared to make the killing blow the television shut off. "Hmm? Did you get too scared?" You asked your boyfriend curiously looking to see if he was holding the remote. To your surprise he wasn't. Instead he reached over to grab it off the coffee table in front of him and started pressing the power button with no luck. "Did the power get knocked out?" You wondered out loud as you got up, being cautious off anything on the floor, and made your way over to the light switch. You flicked the switch multiple times but was still left in the dark.

"Maybe we should check the breakers?" Tenya suggested as he placed the bowl of popcorn on the table and stood up. You gave a quick nod before making your way over to him. He took your hand in his as he led you out of the living room and into the main hall, so you wouldn't bump into anything. The two of you tried feeling around so you wouldn't run into anything, however Tenya had hit at least three side tables, and you had run into him at least twice, though you're not counting how many times you've stepped on the back of his foot due to being so close.
Once he finally found the kitchen, he led you around the table and over to another door that led to the basement. He slowly opened the door and peeked inside. "Alright, now stay close, and try not to fall." He instructed as he took a step down, but you quickly stopped him. "W-wait! What if there's somebody down there?" You shuddered as you peered into the cold dark basement. Tenya stared at you with a bit of surprise before giving a small reassuring laugh. "There's nothing to worry about, just pretend your in one of those horror movies." He suggested, which honestly did not make you feel any better.

"Truthfully, that sounds horrible. Just because I enjoy horror, doesn't mean I want to be a first-hand witness and play a part in it." You grumbled as you finally allowed the young teen to lead you down the steps. He held onto you tightly, and for extra precaution you held a death grip onto the hand rail. Once safely at the bottom, the two of you split up to try and search for the power box quicker. You used one hand to feel along the walls, and your other to check your sides to keep you from running into anything.

Once you felt something metallic hit your hand, you smiled. You soon felt a pair of arms wrap around you, making you blush. "T-tenya, I found the power box." You stated happily as you opened it. "Really? That's great!" Tenya replied, however his voice sounded farther away, instead of right where you were standing. Blinking you flipped the switch and watched at the basements weak light bulb flickered on. Turning around with fear in your eyes, you came face to face with a person wearing a creepy clown mask. Tenya was staring at the person in fear from across the basement.

Quickly you shoved the guy away before darting up the stairs with Tenya close behind you. As you opened the door, the two of you ended up tripping over each other as you tumbled out. Tenya had made sure he had hit the ground and caught you before you could hit your head and got injured. However, the two of you quickly shot up as you heard footsteps making their way up the stairs. Before you knew it, the man from the basement was standing in front of you, surprisingly no weapon in hand, then again, you never knew what his quirk could be. Slowly the person lifted up the mask they were wearing, as you and Tenya stared in fear. \

You could already hear Tenya's engines charging up in case he needed to make a speedy getaway, thus his grip on you also tightened. "Got ya." The intruder smiled as he lifted his mask all the way. The two of you blinked. "T-tensei!?" Tenya stuttered as he stared at his older brother. "That wasn't funny! How could you do that!" You grumbled from pure embarrassment. "I agree! I thought you went out anyways to run some errands!" Tenya stated. Tensei simply laughed as he placed the mask on the kitchen counter. "I did, but I got back earlier and the two of you were so deep into that movie, I couldn't help myself." He gave a small laugh as a hint of pink appeared on his cheeks due to his own embarrassment.
"Sorry, I didn't think you two would get that scared." Tensie rubbed the back of his neck. Tenya sighed. "It's fine, just please don't do that again." He requested as he stood up and placed you gently on the ground. "Don't worry, I won't. But now that my little prank is complete, I'm going to take a shower, and go to bed. You two enjoy the rest of your movie." Tensei walked out of the kitchen with you and Tenya following behind him. The two of you watched as he went upstairs before taking a seat back in the living room. "Well then." Tenya awkwardly coughed into his hand. "Shall we proceed on with the movie?" He asked as he stared at the dark television waiting to be turned back on.

You hummed in a bit of thought before shacking your head. "No, maybe we should just start watching action and romance movies from now on?" You asked as you looked up at your boyfriend with a small smile. The hero to be released a large breath of relief, "Oh thank God, yes please." He agreed happily.