Todoroki X Reader - One and Only

This was a request by anonymous on tumblr

"I'm sorry, the person you are trying to reach cannot make it to the phone at this time. Please try again or leave a message after the beep." The automated voice gave her instructions. Pulling the phone away from your ear you clicked the red button, ending the call you had tried to make. The screen returned to the selfie you had taken with Shouto on your two-year anniversary, which was quite recent. However, after that day the two of you started spending less and less time together. You suspected he had something to do due to school nearly ending and agencies blowing up his phone. Your finger hit the contact button once again to try and get a hold of your boyfriend. Instead your eyes shifted to beside his name, showing how many times you had called already. Six. The next call would make it seven. However, you decided to leave the calls at six and stuffed your phone into your backpack.

A small clap of thunder made you look up. It wasn't hard to tell from the incoming grey clouds that there would be a terrible storm tonight. You turned your body slightly to look over at the school doors. School had ended roughly an hour ago, and Shouto had never told you or messaged you about wanting to stay behind. You were tempted to go inside, but you were sure he'd come straight to the dorms once he was finished with whatever he had been working on. Shifting your bag on your back, you headed towards the dorms before the rain started to pour.

Once inside you closed the door behind you and listened as loud rumble of thunder echoed throughout the school. "Sounds like the storm is going to be pretty bad tonight." You heard Ochako comment from the living room. Smiling slightly, you made your way tiredly to the living room. "Hey." You greeted with a tired wave. Tsuyu, Ochako, and Mina were already in some fuzzy pajama's with warm tea in hand. "(y/n)? What are you still doing in your school uniform, we're about to start girl's night." Mina commented curiously as she eyed your tired state. "Sorry, I was waiting on Shouto, just give me a few minutes to change and I'll be down." You stated before walking towards the stairs.

"Can you grab the popcorn from the kitchen? It should be done popping by the time you come down." Tsuyu requested. "Sure thing!" You called back. Once in your room you changed into a pair of fuzzy pants and a t-shirt, tossing your school clothes in the hamper after you took out your phone from your backpack. Still no messages. You made your way down the stairs saying hello to Kirishima as you pasted him. You quickly headed to the kitchen and found the large bowl on the counter waiting to be filled with the buttery goodness of popcorn. Walking over to the microwave you grabbed the popcorn bag and emptied it into the large bowl before throwing it away.

Heading back to the living room, you were surprised to see a tired looking Todoroki and Momo sitting on the couch, still in their school clothes. "Uh, hey." You greeted as you handed the popcorn bowl to Mina who happily started to eat away. Your eyes remained who Shouto as he absentmindedly stared at the movie that was playing. "So, where were you?" You asked your boyfriend as you leaned against the couch. "I was helping Momo with school work." He stated as if it was no big deal. There was a small amount of silence. Causing Ochako to turn and stare at you and Todoroki. "I called you several times, you could have told me after class." You stated as your eyes shifted away. "My phone died." He finally turned to look at you. You simply hummed and walked past the couch to sit with Tsuyu.

Todoroki reached to grab at your hand to have you sit with him, but you gently pulled it away. You took your spot and could feel his eyes on the back of your head. Ochako watched silently before turning her attention back to the movie. About half way into the movie the lights started to flicker as a loud crash of thunder shook the building. "H-huh? What's going on?" Mina grumbled as the lights went out. She crawled over to the television and poked the on and off button multiple times to no avail. "It was just getting good." She groaned as she dropped her head in defeat.

"It seems there's a power outage. Who knows how long it'll last. It's gonna get cold tonight so I'm going to go wrap up in some extra blankets and go to bed." Tsuyu stated as she stood up, taking the empty bowl of popcorn with her to the kitchen. Mina groaned as she grabbed her blanket and stood up. "I guess I'm gonna go to. I'll see you all tomorrow at breakfast." Mina yawned as she tired walked over. Since everyone was leaving, you decided you might as well follow. Standing up, you grabbed the empty tea cups and started out the living room. Todoroki grabbed your arm gently, and quickly you turned to look at the young upcoming hero.

"Do you want to stay in my room tonight?" He asked curiously. "No, I'll stay in my room. Momo, there are some flash lights in the closet down the hall if you want to use them. You and Todoroki can study some more." You stated as your eyes landed on the black-haired girl. "Ah, thank you!" She clapped her hands happily, not seeing an issue. You tugged away from your boyfriend once again, heading to the kitchen to put the empty cups in the sink to wash them. Ochako watched as Momo looked over at Todoroki. "I don't think we'll need the lamps. I'm tired so I'm going to go off to bed. Thank you for helping me these past few weeks." She stated with a kind smile before heading off to her room.

Ochako waited till Momo left the room before looking at Todoroki. "Hey, can I ask you something?" Ochako asked curiously. "You may," He complied. "Do you have feelings for Momo?" She asked with worry. Todoroki seemed a bit taken back, but his surprised expression turned back to its normal neutral one. "No, I don't. She's came a long way and has worked hard to get where she is. I've just been helping her with school work. Why, is there something wrong?" He questioned. Ochako looked down at the floor for a moment trying to find the right words. "I mean, nobody's really seen you around after school, and we were even more surprised when you were never found with (y/n). Did you two have a fight?" Ochako asked as she finally looked back up at the boy.

"No, but (y/n) has been acting rather odd." Todoroki stated as he listened to you leave the kitchen to go back to your room. "I don't think she's the one acting strange. You never told her you were helping Momo, and it seems a bit suspicious not telling her before hand don't you think. I'm sure she would have understood if you said you were going to help Momo these past couple of weeks." Ochako sighed. "I didn't think she'd mind, she seems pretty relaxed with everything." Todoroki awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

Ochako hummed, in a way seeing where he was coming from. "I understand what you mean, but there are sometimes you just need to ask." Ochako grumbled and ran her fingers through her hair. Todoroki was silent for a moment before standing up. "Thank you Ochako." He said before turned away from the brunette and headed upstairs towards your room. Ochako gave a low sigh before grabbed her stuff to head to her own room.

Inside you were wrapped in your comforter and an extra blanket from your closet, however it didn't seem to be doing much. You heard your door open and foot steps make their way to your bed. The bed dipped beside you, and you felt a pair of arms wrap around you. You quickly felt a nice amount of heat soak through your blankets and ease your cold body. "I'm sorry." You felt Todoroki's warm breath on the back of your neck as he apologized. You remained quiet as you sank deeper into the warmth of your blankets.

"I thought you would have been fine with me helping Momo." He grumbled into your back as he pressed his forehead against you. "I would have liked for you to at least told me." You mumbled as a hand slipped from your blankets to gently grasp his. "I would have understood you helping Momo, but I just felt like I had done something to make you avoid me." You chocked as tears started to force their way to your eyes. Todoroki's grip seemed to tighten as he hugged you tighter. "I promise, from now on if anyone needs help in school I'll tell you first." Todoroki insisted as his body relaxed due to the feeling of your hand on his.

You shifted in your blankets till you came face to face with your boyfriend. "Promise?" You asked. With his warm hand he gently wiped the tears away from your eyes. "I promise." He whispered as he kissed your forehead gently and held your body close to his, scared to let you go.