chapter 1

I sighed as I walked into my single dorm after my 2 o'clock lecture. Professor Cole loves to just keep talking and talking and talking. Sliding off my sneakers I all but passed out onto my bed, landing face-first and allowing my eyes to drift closed. Not for long though, as my cell phone that I had left on my desk started to vibrate. Letting it go to voicemail not once, but twice, I only got up when I heard the device slip off my table and I cringed as I heard it slam onto the floor. Outwardly groaning, I scoop the phone off the floor and don't recognize the caller ID. Now in a bad mood, I flip the phone open and put it against my ear.

"Hello?" The line was silent for a few moments, and I did not have the patience to wait, "Who is this? I think you have the wrong number." Just as I was about to hang up and go take a nap, I heard a voice through the phone.

"Is this Ms. Richardson?" I hear a male voice come through the line.

"Yes it is, who is this?" I eagerly await a response, curiosity getting the best of me.

"This is Agent... This is Sam. Sam Winchester." I hear another male voice in the background start speaking hurriedly as Sam gives me his name.

"Ok... Have we met before? I don't remember giving my number to any Sam... Winchester was it?"

"You haven't, and we've never met. Not formally at least. Look, I'd really love to meet up and talk to you in person if you can find the time. My older brother and I are going to be in town for a couple more days." Sam now waits for my response, as I bite my lip debating my options. On the one hand, my life was boring and could use some excitement. On the other hand, two random men, who could potentially abduct me and sell me into human trafficking, were asking to meet up.

"Yeah, I have a break between classes tomorrow between 10 and 2. We could meet at 11:30 in a coffee shop on campus. It's called Booskerdoo's."

"Oh, great! Perfect! I'll see you then."

I say nothing and hang up the phone, debating if this was a good idea or not. I put his contact into my phone and rest it back down onto the desk, snuggling back into bed and falling asleep.

***

As I'm walking out of my class with my best friend Anastasia, I briefly give her a summary of what happened with the mystery Sam.

"Well, was he cute?" That was her first question, of course.

"I don't know, Ana. It was over the phone remember?"

"Well, yeah, but did he sound cute?"

I roll my eyes and don't answer. Anastasia was always a bit boy crazy. She falls for every guy who calls her pretty.

"Listen, Ana. We're meeting at Booskerdoo's at 11:30. I should be out of there by 12:30. If I don't call you by 1, then I was kidnapped." Now it's her turn to roll her eyes at me.

"You watch too much Law & Order, Claud. You'll be fine. He sounds nice - and cute - to me. And he has an older brother. One for me and one for you." She sends me a wink before turning off towards her dorm building, "Have fun for once in your life!"

"Love you too!" I scream back, laughing to myself as I continue my walk home.

***

Booskerdoo's was packed with students rushing to get their caffeine fix before class. I got there 10 minutes early, so I ordered a latte and sat at a table in the back. Visible from the front entrance, but with some privacy. I took the seat with my back to the wall, so I could look at the door waiting for Sam and his brother. I then realized I didn't even know if his brother was coming to this meetup. Nor did I know what Sam looked like. Did he know what I looked like? I highly doubt it, unless he was stalking me. How would we know who the other person is?

My thoughts get interrupted as I look up at the opening door to the coffee shop as two guys are walking in. Two tall guys. Especially the one with the shaggy hair. I make a mental note that while the tall one should be more visually intimidating, he had kind eyes, and I found myself being more intimidated by the shorter one with spiked up hair.

They both scan the room before their eyes stop on me. I feel uncomfortable under their gaze and look down at my drink before looking back up to watch them walk over to my table.

"Excuse me, are you Claudia?" The tall one with the kind eyes asks, and I nod and smile at both of them, trying to seem friendly and not nervous, "I'm Sam, we spoke on the phone. This is my brother, Dean." I reach out and shake both of their hands.

"So... I'm not really sure what I'm doing here, to be honest, Sam." I wring my hands together and raise one eyebrow, urging him to explain why he had called me. I see Dean watching me curiously out of my peripheral, only making me more uncomfortable.

"Right, well, I'll get right into it. Dean and I, we... Our father, he..." Sam chuckled nervously and he looked anywhere but my eyes as he tried to get his wording right.

"We think you're our sister." Dean blurted out with a blank face, assessing mine for my reaction, which was amusement and shock.

"What? You're kidding, right?" I look at both of their faces; dead serious, "Oh, look guys I am so sorry, really, but... it's not possible. I already have a brother. And two sisters. You have the wrong person." They both look down at the table, up to each other, and then back down to the table.

"I thought you said she knew already?" Dean says to his brother in a lower voice. Did he really think I wasn't going to be able to hear him?

"I thought she did, Dean. I mean, she's 20, I thought they'd have told her by now." Sam responds back quickly, seemingly embarrassed at his brother's blunt attitude.

"Hi! Yeah, the 20-year-old is sitting right here with two perfectly working ears that can hear what you're saying. Care to explain why you guys would think I'm your sister?"

They look at each other, both raising their eyebrows and motioning to me with their heads as if arguing over who has to be the one to tell me. Sam's shoulders seem to deflate as he turns to look at me, pity covers his face.

"Claudia... You were adopted."

author's note

ok, so there's the first chapter! this isn't my first fanfiction, but my last one was from when I was like 14 and I don't want anyone finding it ever so this is my first one on this account!

I hope you guys like it so far, and I hope you guys will grow to love Claudia as her character and her story progress. 

would love to hear any and all feedback from you guys!