chapter 12

My gaze raised from the floor to the scene in front of me, Sam was bounding down the stairs after shooting Not Derek in the back, his gun falling to a position not far from me. The demon turned around and raised his hand, throwing Sam across the room and into the washer and dryer. When Sam hit the ground, he wasn't moving. I hear Dean's name screaming for his brother upstairs, and the demon groaned in annoyance.

My eyes fell back on the metal object lying on the floor of the basement, and in a last-ditch effort, I launched my body forward, trying not to scream out in pain as my arms stretched in ways they were not supposed to. My foot looped around the metal object and as I was bringing my leg back into my body, the piece came with it. It was a nail, and I wasn't sure where it came from but I wasn't complaining. I went straight to work on breaking out of the ropes that tied my hands together behind my back.

Dean stopped at the top of the stairs, looking down at his unconscious baby brother lying next to a washing machine. With caution, he inched down the stairs, his eyes meeting mine before meeting the demons. Dean had his gun raised, but both knew that the demon would not be affected by a bullet.

"Dean! How nice of you to join us," Not Derek smirked at Dean and motioned for him to come into the basement further. The nail was not working too well on these ropes. Breaking out of predicaments like this looked way easier in the movies.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Dean was frowning, looking back and forth between his brother lying unconscious and his newly found sister tied to a pole.

"No, but boy do I know all about you. Dean Winchester, you are famous down under. Of course, Sam is the favorite, but... You're good too, I guess." With this, the demon flicks his free hand and Dean's gun flies across the room. Dean's face says, Oh shit, before he jumps into action, rushing at Not Derek and wrestling him on the ground. Both are punching each other, Dean obviously losing the fight against the supernatural creature.

My ropes are finally starting to loosen as I see Sam's head slowly raise from the floor. He takes in the situation in front of him before lifting his body up, using the washer to help him.

Not Derek gets up from his position over Dean, whose eyes are so swollen I can't tell if they're open or not. My oldest brother's face is bloodied, and I look away before tears come to my eyes.

It's because of me.

Sam now charges the demon, who easily flips my remaining brother into the same position he had Dean in, and begins punching.

My ropes finally snap, and I lunge for the gun the demon dropped in his fight with Dean. Knowing this won't really hurt him, but not caring, I fire all 6 rounds into Not Derek's back. He gets up and turns to face me, smiling.

"The little huntress. How cute."

I slowly back up as the demon walks closer to me. I know I am no match for him, but I had to get him off of Sam. I'd rather die than have to watch both my brothers get beaten to death trying to rescue me.

Not Derek raises his hand, pinning me to the wall.

"Now, where we were?" With a smile, the demon raises his other hand and all of a sudden my chest feels like it's on fire. I can't breathe, and I cough as my throat constricts. My eyes tear up and my face feels like it's about to burst. Then, it stops. The invisible restraints are gone, the choking is gone. I wipe my eyes and look up to see what happened.

Dean drops an empty flask onto the ground, and Not Derek is trying to grab at his face, which has smoke rising off of it. Sam is behind him, restraining his arms as he recites something I don't recognize. Another language, maybe Latin?

I think of what Sam and Dean have told me about demons and realize Sam is performing an exorcism. Soon black smoke emerges from Derek's mouth and he slumps into Sam's arms, his eyes closed.

We all let out a breath, and I sink to the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest.

Both brothers eyes meet my crouched body and move towards me.

Before they can say anything to me, I'm looking up at them with tears in my eyes, "Thank you."

Sam extends his arm out to me, and I gladly take it. When I'm at my full height, I don't let go of his hand but instead pull him into a tight embrace, letting more tears fall. When I let go, I quickly move to do the same to Dean.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand," Those are the first words spoken after I let go of Dean, and I can't help the smile that pulls across my face. I look at Sam to see a mirrored expression. Dean walks up the stairs first, out of the house and to Baby. Sam and I follow closely behind, with his arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me close into his side.

***

We stay at a motel close to where I was being held instead of going back to the Holiday Inn. The boys said they could get my stuff at another time, but we all just needed some rest.

"What now?" We were at a diner not far from the motel, all digging into our meals. There were still unanswered questions about my family, but at least I now know what killed my family. Demons.

Sam and Dean look at each other before shrugging their shoulders.

"It's up to you, I guess." My oldest brother doesn't look up from pouring his syrup as he says this, his face determined to get the perfect amount on his pancakes.

"You know, Claudia... Dean and I could drop you back in Seattle. You don't have to stay with us, to join this life." Dean looks up at this, seemingly alarmed with what Sammy had to say. I look up too, but with shock on my face.

"You think I want to leave?" I scoff before continuing, "No way. That would only give Derek-- I mean, Not Derek what he wants. I can't go back to living a normal life, Sam. Not now."

"What did "Not Derek" want with you anyway?" Dean says, rolling his eyes as he gives the demon my nickname.

"He just... wanted to kill me. Pretty simple, actually." I look between the brothers, unsure if I should reveal what the demon had told me about having a plan for Sammy. There was a part of me saying that I shouldn't keep anything from them, but there was another part of me that thought it would only stress Dean out when he had enough to worry about. I decide against and look down at my breakfast.

"Yeah, well, demons. They aren't the most complex creatures." Dean snorts at his own insult and Sam just smiles, cutting into his omelet.

"Well, if you're sure you want to stay, Clo, then I think I know where we can go next," Both Dean and I look at him, both with mouths stuffed with food, "There haven't been any new leads with your biological Mom, Claud, I'm sorry. But, as I was doing research I stumbled on a possible case. I think it could be interesting." He smiles sadly at me after, but I just nod in understanding.

"Where is it?" Dean asks, already looking excited to get back to hunting.

"Rhode Island... Uh, Providence I think."

author's note

yay Claudia wasn't killed and is back with her bros

i skipped some episodes of supernatural that we will pretend happened when she was in north carolina / when she was kidnapped. the next episode will be 'houses of the holy' in rhode island.

as always, feedback is greatly appreciated! thanks guys!