CHAPTER 5

"Ah... What is this pain? I can't feel anything. "

"What happened to me. Am I dreaming? But this pain is so real. My eyes... Why I can't open them?"

"Maybe I should try harder to open my eyes?"

"yes. Just a little more. Ah... What is this bright light? And who is talking? "

"Doctor... call the doctor. She is now conscious."

A man wearing a doctors coat came to her. He checked her vitals and chart. "Khushi... can you hear me?."Khushi nodded. He continued "You don't have to take the stress now. There is no rush to speak or remember anything? Just calm down... Okey. I will call your family members inside so you see them. Take care." After saying something to the nurse he left the room.

When hearing the word "family" Khushi started to get some flashback memories. But nothing was clear. The more she tried, her head started to pain more.

Outside ICU

ICU door open. Dr. Raj came outside. He saw Arnav, NK and few other sitting in chairs. He hurried to their side. Arnav noticed him first. He was anxious to know about Khushies condition. So he rushed to Raj.

Arnav: "Doctor. How is Khushi? When we can meet her?"

Raj: "Relax Mr.Raizada. Khushi just regained consciousness. There is nothing to worry about. You can meet her. One or two persons can meet her. And don't make her speak. Okey go".

Arnav felt like a heavyweight is lifted off from his chest. Now all he wants is to meet his Khushi. Arnave entered ICU followed by NK. He finally saw her. She was pale. Her skin was covered with buries from the accident. Her hair was cut off for surgery. But still beautiful as always. Her eyes were open.

Khushi saw the person entered in her room. A sharp pain arises in her heart. She started to get a glimpse of flashback. One by one faded memories started to become clear. Khushi looked away indicating that she doesn't want to see Arnav. NK came close to Khushies bed. "Khushi ji. Don't worry about a single thing. Just get better. Your friend is always with you. ". Khushi nodded and slowly closed her eyes. Arnav stands there silently. After a few seconds, he left the room. NK followed him outside. NK grabbed him by hand, making Arnav stop.

NK: "What is it Arnav? You were impatient and anxious, before seeing Khushi ji. What happened now? Don't you have anything to say?"

Arnav looked away and replied.

Arnav: "NK, she is okay now. And that's all I wanted. I don't want her hurt because of us?"

NK looked terribly shocked.

NK: "What? I thought you still loved her. You...." Arnav cut him off.

Arnav: "Love... After all of her drama, do you think I still loved her?"

Saying that Arnav entered the Lift, leaving a confused NK back.

By hearing all this conversation two individuals become happy. They looked at each other and smiled wickedly. They were Garima and Buaji.

Arnav was alone in the lift. Unable to contain his anger, he punched on the wall. He remembered what happened in the morning. He was promised to Anjali that he would not take Kushi back to their lives. Anjali strongly believed that Khushi is ruining her life as well as his brothers. Now Arnav is bound to keep that promise.

Days passed. Khushi is now getting better day by day. She was visited by NK every day. And he was the only visitor Khusi had ever since she becomes conscious. Most of the time Khushi was silent. NK could sense some changes in her attitude, posture, etc. NK was surprised when Khushi asked him for a new mobile phone and sim card. But without showing that he brought one for Khushi.

Next day. NK was visiting Khushi as Usual. And for his surprise, he was welcomed by more energetic Khushi.

Khushi: "NK. Thank you for this mobile phone."

NK: "It's nothing Khushi ji..." That's when he realized Khusi omitted "ji".

Khushi smiled little.

Khushi: "NK. Do you know what is the best time to know, Who is your enemy and who is your friend?"

NK: "......" He did not reply.

Khushi: "It is when they are in danger. You are really a good friend. So I am going to tell you everything."

NK is still confused.

NK: "Khushi ji, What you want to tell me?"

Khushi: "I am not someone you think?."

NK: "Wha... What?"

Khushi: "Nk. I was in an accident one year ago. The people who found me give me this name 'Khushi'. And those were Gupta family. Kushi is my nickname and that was labeled in the bracelet I was wearing. They must have found that. I lost my memories then. And I am not sure why they did not inform the police or any authority. Anyway, It is good that they didn't. "

Khushi looked at NK. He was sitting like a statue. "Nk... Are you ok?"

NK: "What am I hearing? Khushi ji tell me everything?

Khushi smiled."I will tell you. Before that can you let someone in. She is outside."

NOTE:

I hope you all enjoy the update. Plz let me know through comments. And sry for short updates. vote and follow me.