CHAPTER 8

Arnav didn't fail to notice the sudden change in Khushi when Jezz mentions JK group. "What is the relationship between Khushi and JK group? Why that lady mention JK group all of sudden?". Arnav ran a quick search on his phone. There was a trending NEWS about the JK group.

JK group: Geared up for the launch of futuristic technologies.

Acting CEO Mr. Abhimanyu Rajvanshi has disclosed the launch date of latest JK products. Netizens are excited, when the identity of new products are yet to reveal. JK group has been the major shareholder in the smart electronics market. The launching of new products will be held at a grand venue where Mr. Abhimanyu Rajvanshi make announcements regarding the new CEO.

Arnave carefully read the whole article. That was just news about some product launch. There was nothing to be suspicious of. "Maybe, that lady Jezz was a fan of these futuristic products. And Khushi also likes these things." Arnav was unable to make a connection between Khushi and JK group. His mind shifted back to the audio clip. " What have I done? I shouldn't have shouted at her... Wait, If she recorded that conversation then why she didn't show it to Dii and others? What is she planning?" Arnav's confused mind run wild.

Khushi's Room

Jezz showed the article to Khushi. She carefully read the article. She was calm but the glint in her eyes told another story. After seeing the news NK also reached their room.

Khushi: "I think this is the perfect time for my retaliation. Perfect time to crush them."

Jezz put her hand on Khushi's shoulder. "I am always on tour side."

NK: "Count me in Khushi, I am also with you?"

Khushi smiled a little. "Jezz, there were other's who told me that they will stay on my side. But each one of them stabbed me in back. I shouldn't have blindly trusted anyone. That's what my mother taught me, but I let her down?".

NK: "Khushi, that's all past now. You can trust us". He assured. Silence filled in the room. NK remembered the story that Khushi told him.

Flashback

NK: "Khushi ji ... Now you are going to tell me everything right?"

Khushi started her story.

"Have you heard about the JK group." NK nodded.

"My father is JK group's former CEO Mr.Prathap Rajvanshi. And my mother Dr. Shivani Rajvanshi. My mother was the head researcher as well as CEO at CL technologies. I was their only daughter. You could say that I was born with a silver spoon in mouth. We were a happy family for the outsiders.

Dad was more concern about his business more than us. But mom was different she always finds time for me. Dad wanted me to take over his business but... I was more interested in my mother's field of work. So I choose Robotics and machine learning as my major. Mom was my mentor and strength. Everything was smoothly going.

That was my graduation day. My Mom was promised to me that she will be there on time and Dad, as usual, he had some business meeting. I waited for her but... she never came. What came to me was my mother's accident news. I rushed to her. She... left us forever. That scattered my father as much as me. He engrossed in work more. He bearly spoke to me. I also keep my self busy at work. I got a Ph.D. and I take over my mothers position is CL technologies.

One day suddenly I got a call from my father. He sounded happy, I am also relieved. He asked me to came back home. That time I was living at a separate house. When I came back home a surprise was waiting for me. And that was the reason for my father's change... My father introduced his new life partner and her son. That means my step-mother and step-brother. Her name was Kalindhi Mehra and her son, Abhimanyu Mehra who was a few years older than me. My father told me that Kalindhi is a widow as her husband died few years ago because of a terminal illness. I accepted her, as my father's happiness was my top priority. I was happy for him.

But soon I realized that it was my biggest mistake."

NOTE:

I hope you all enjoy the update. Plz let me know through comments. And sry for short updates. Plz vote and follow me.