Intro

Steven Universe is a  boy, a crystal gem, living in a place called beach city. Steven has dark brown hair and black eyes. He is 14 and lives with Amethyst, Garnet and Pearl (the crystal gems) in a temple. The crystal gems raise him alongside his human dad, Greg Universe, who lives in a van.

Connie Maheswaran is a 12 year old girl soon to be 13 years old. So soon, in fact her birthday is tomorrow. Connie is a human but she goes on missions with the crystal gems and she has sword fighting lessons from Pearl.

Beach City is a small little town with nice attractions like Funland and places to eat like Fish Stew Pizza and The Big Donut.

{From Steven's POV}

I wake up from my dream. Disappointed as always that I'm not actually dating Connie and fighting monsters side by side using a power stronger than any power we had before; love.

I sit up, stretch, yawn and head down the stairs to pour myself some cereal. I think to myself that I could make that fantasy about Connie a reality, if I just talk to her. But I can already see that backfiring. Her not feeling the same way, me feeling embarrassed and ashamed. I would have no idea how to bounce back into a good friendship. I don't want to risk our friendship on a little crush. But the problem is that crush keeps getting bigger. The more I see her the more I adore how cute she is, how much she makes me laugh, she's so smart she's such a dork. My dork.

Speaking of the more I see her, I'm seeing her today for a mission. I'm excited, we'll be able to fight together even if it's not inspired by love. And I'll definitely see Connie tomorrow, it's her birthday. I've got to finish my plan before tomorrow. But first I've got to get ready for the mission. I finish my cereal and get dressed.

Amethyst walks in, "Yo, you ready for the mission?"

"Yup!" I say gleefully, "I'm pretty excited."

"When's Connie supposed to show up?" Amethyst asks while plopping on the couch.

"Quarter 'til 10."

"Cool. I'm excited for the three of us to go on a mission together since Pearl got to go on Connie's first mission. No fair."

"Pearl is the one who trains us."

"Still, I'm jealous."

There's a knock on the door.