The Wait

~One Month Later~

I spend pretty much every day thinking about that night we kissed and regretting the decision we made. We came to an agreement that we both wanted to wait a while before we actually started dating. We decided that because we wanted some experience before dating each other so that when we actually get together it's serious. Also we would get together when the age difference makes a little more sense.

But who knows how long that will be. I don't want to picture Connie with anyone else or myself with anyone else. It could be a couple of years before we get together. This will be a long couple of years.

I need to talk to someone about this, maybe my dad? I actually don't think love is my dad's strongest suit. Then who? Garnet! She literally IS love. Ok I'll tell her tonight.

~Later~

That night I talked to Garnet. She helped me a lot by just talking. She said she could understand and helped me decide what I want. Since the idea of being with other people first was Connie's, I could give her a while to do that and when I feel it's right I can tell her I can't stand waiting any longer.

~6 months later~

I've gotten through the last few months very slowly. Missions and training with Connie has been awkward. I kissed another girl named Alyssa who was only visiting beach city. It wasn't a good experience. It's unfair to her that I liked someone else. Connie started to date Peedee Fryman. That was really weird and conflicting for me. They broke it off last week though.

I'm going to go hang out with Connie, I haven't in a while. The last thing I want is for us to grow apart. I walk down to The Big Donut, from outside she doesn't seem to be inside. I walk down to her house. My heart sinks when I see the scene outside her house. There is a moving truck and Mr. and Mrs. Maheswaran are helping the movers load furniture and boxes into it. I'm really taken aback and confused.

Then I hear Connie's voice calling my name, I turnaround to see her running towards me.

"Connie, what's going on?" I say with a voice full of emotion.

"I can explain," she says calmly, "My mom was offered a few days ago to have a really high ranking and well paying job at a record setting hospital in Colorado. She had one week to decide and move to Colorado. I spent all day today and Yesterday looking for you to tell you, you must've been on a mission. I really caught you at the last minute, we're leaving in 5 minutes! I don't know what to do Steven, I really don't want to leave," Now she's fighting back tears, " my mom promised me we'd come back, but the job is for a minimum of 3 years, and that's a long time... and..."

I don't know what to do except hold her hands on mine and look her in her eyes and smile the slightest bit. "I'm so sorry Connie. I'll always be here in Beach City waiting for your return. We'll be ok. We can manage to stay in contact."

I hug her. After a few seconds she pulls away and kisses me.

"I'm really going to miss you," she says pulling away.

"I'll miss you too."

"Connie lets go!" Mr. Maheswaran calls.

She turns towards him, "Ok dad," she looks back at me, "Bye."

"Goodbye."

*Thank you for 100 views! That means a lot. The 5th chapter is on its way so stay tuned :)*