Do you ever

Do you ever just want to go somewhere but you don’t know where? You just know you don’t want to be in your house, you don’t want to be trapped behind those walls anymore. You don’t want to be around people, around your family and friends, pretending that you’re okay and putting on a smile for them because they would never understand if you said you weren’t. Because you don’t want to end up apologizing for feeling, for not being happy. You just don’t want to be in this town, in this city, in this place any longer, surrounded by noise and everything is just going too fast. It just won’t slow down and you can’t seem to catch up.  You just want to go somewhere, where there is nothing and no one and everything just stops. You want to go somewhere, where none of it matters and the only sound you hear is the birds in the trees, the rustling of leaves in the wind. Where the only thing you can feel is the sun on your skin, the ground under your feet. 

Do you ever just want to go somewhere but you don’t know how? You just don’t know how to get there, how to leave behind everything behind, and just breathe again. How to think of and put yourself first without thinking of all the things you have to do, all the people that you would be letting down. You just want to leave and never come back, just walk away with no destination in mind but you can’t seem to make yourself go. You can’t seem to bring yourself to take the first step out that door because there are so many things holding you back. Your friends, your family, school, work,...there’s always some reason you can’t. 

Do you ever just want to go somewhere but there is nowhere else to go except back home?