Chapter 3

4 years later - Valley of the End... Naru aged 16

"Sasuke..." Naru hissed in disgust standing over his kneeling form, "Or would it be more fitting to call you Orochimaru now?" She looked over the pitiful state of a possessed Sasuke. Since he deserted them they were no longer comrades, from the time he almost killed Sakura they were no longer teammates, and after clashing with him so many times Naru wondered if they were still brothers. It was unlikely, as Sai would state the bonds had been shattered, torn apart by Sasuke himself. She'd like to hold the belief that it was due the curse mark that Sasuke had lost the rational part of his mind, but it was only her own desperation. Fuelled by vengeance and power hungry, Sasuke turned traitor. "It's over." The blonde stated with a sense of finality.

"Hn." Sasuke grunted feeling the pain of all his wounds. His cursed form had receded due to chakra depletion and his body was littered with deep cuts and bruises, not to mention a couple of broken ribs and limbs. The battle had been intense and he wasn't the only one that suffered, Naru looked far worse and it was amazing she was the one standing. The destruction of most of her clothes, leaving her barely decent, showed numerous amounts of harsh burns and cuts. Her usually bright, blonde hair was dyed red with both of their blood and she had an obvious limp. Though by far her worst wound was the gaping hole she had received through her heart, which thanks to the Kyuubi, was slowly closing up.

"You sure are a persistent pest aren't you?" The possessed Sasuke gritted out, glaring at her with his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan.

"I could say the same to you." Naru spat back, putting as much acid into her voice as possible, "I've chased after Sasuke for roughly four years and when I finally catch him I find trash like you in his place."

"Watch it!" Orochimaru sneered, hoping to drag out the conversation long enough for him to regain some chakra, "I only gained full possession of this body about a couple months back when Sasuke began questioning his decision."

"What are you talking about," Naru scoffed, "That teme chose to go with you willingly." Despite the pain to his vessel, Orochimaru cackled maliciously.

"That may be so," He admitted, "But it seems like the nonsense you would spout at him every time you confronted each other were starting to get to him. After my dear boy killed Itachi and completed his revenge, he was prepared to return to the village and atone for his sins.''

"What?" the blonde said shocked. Sasuke would have returned? The thought caused the demon fox inside her to growl.

"What are you doing just standing there listening to the snake!'' He shouted in her mind. ''Finish him off and be done with it.'' Naru nodded and pulled out a kunai, too weak to perform any jutsu. It was too late though, Orochimaru had used her naivety to stall for enough time, and was now going through numerous hand seals. Naru growled at her own foolishness and lunged forward only to find her feet anchored to the ground by snakes.

"Kinjutsu – Shitai Kyushu-ho!" Orochimaru reached out his hand towards Naru's abdomen as she struggled but he felt his vessel freeze for a split second. She noticed this and watched as slowly, the hand was drawn back just before touching her. "Dammit!" Orochimaru shouted, "Why can't I control my body?!" Faster than her eyes could follow he began performing a multitude of hand signs, cursing loudly all the while.

"Your body?" The same mouth uttered in an entirely different tone.

"Sasuke-teme?" Naru questioned unsurely. The possessed body gave her one of the famous Uchiha smirks.

"How is it going dobe?" Sasuke replied, "You miss me?"

"You shouldn't be alive!" Orochimaru exclaimed from the same body. It was confusing to watch but by listening to the tones of the voices, Naru knew who was who.