Chapter 9

"Gahk!" Hanzo didn't know where he had gone wrong. Everything had been planned out perfectly. He had a hostage and within moments he would've have been the sole ruler of Amegakure. If only that blonde wretch hadn't appeared, literally out of nowhere, with her bastard of a fox, and begun to ruin his perfect scheme. Instead he had watched as the monster destroyed his personal army, though half of the men were Danzo's Root which war hawk had happily lent. He shouldn't have gone down so easily, Hanzo reasoned with himself. If only he hadn't fallen for her taunting and collected himself enough to form a counterattack, even a retreat would have been better.

He was Hanzo of the Salamander, who had beaten the three legendary Sannin and had named them thus, how could he have fallen at the hands of this weak girl? Thin yet muscled arms, a flexible wrist and delicate fingers, all currently stabbed through his chest and most importantly, his heart.

"Raiton – Raikiri." Miyu whispered as the man slumped over. She withdrew her hand, not even blinking at the slick sounds and chunks of flesh that came with it, before letting him fall onto the floor. Looking carefully, a good half his body had already been burnt beyond recognition with little chance of ever being used again, and his mask had cracked in several places. She grabbed the chain beside her and pulled until the sickle end came into view, noting that the blade had also been poisoned.

''Kit, I'm going to have to refill my energy reserves''She heard Kurama think somewhere in the distance,''ll be having lunch right now, if you don't mind''hat's fine, she replied, but leave the ones that are still alive. She heard him give the mental equivalent of a nod before stalking off.

"Now, back to business." She held the blade to the dead man's throat before cutting cleanly through it, only struggling when she hit the spine. Preforming the necessary procedure she sealed Hanzo's head into a scroll, scavenging any remaining equipment with a wry smile, before leaving to find her next targets. She found all three by the bottom of the cliff, oblivious to the whole fight which had just ended. "Good evening." Miyu greeted, appearing next to them in a swirl of leaves. Instantly the two males were on red alert, Yahiko jumping up to defend, while Nagato protected the unconscious Konan.

"Who are you?" the de facto leader asked while holding up a kunai.

"Miyu." The blonde answered truthfully. If they ever did find her while she was in Konoha... well she would deal with it then, "But putting the questions aside for now, I think you would want your teammate awake." She clapped her hand twice and released a pulse of chakra, "Kai."

"Ngh?" Konan stirred before pushing herself up and blinking sleepily.

"Konan!" Her teammates exhaled in relief, happy she hadn't been harmed.

"Now all three of you are awake I'd personally like to congratulate you on your new leadership." She said with a small smile. It would help a lot if they weren't as hostile towards her since she didn't know if she could continue to battle. That being said she deactivated her eyes which had slowly but surely been draining away the lasts of her energy. "So Konan-san, I hope you're feeling ok."

"...Yes." The blue haired woman gave Miyu a curious glance, as wary as her teammates but grateful nonetheless, "...thank you very much for saving all of us."

"Do you know her?" Yahiko asked, surprised she was being so 'friendly'.

"No, this is also my first time meeting her." The woman replied monotonously. The group lapsed into a tense silence.

"Not that we are ungrateful," Yahiko worded his sentence carefully, to not offend the possible ally or enemy, "But, why did you...help us?"

"Theirs is something I wanted to discuss with Amegakure's leaders, but seeing as it was in the midst of a civil war I had the pleasure of choosing which side I would help. Whether you accept or not, I would rather you three in power than Hanzo either way." The blonde answered.