Chapter 4

"How dare you!?" Naru cried at the masked figure in front of her. She looked around the ware torn battlefield. The fourth shinobi war had finally happened. Kabuto, Orochimaru's slimy apprentice had joined forces with Akatsuki and together they had attacked all of the hidden villages for their jinchuriki. Brave shinobi had been resurrected with Edo Tensei and loved ones were pitted against each other. Sasuke and Itachi, who had somehow planned ahead for this, managed to stop Kabuto's jutsu but it was too late as the damage was already done. The Konoha 11, Sand siblings, all of the Kages, shinobi and civilian alike everyone had died.

''What a fool,'' Kurama uttered, ''what is the point of world domination when you've destroyed half of it?''

Naru and looked to the man at her feet who had died taking a killing blow meant for her. His face was pulled into a loving smile despite the fact he had two large holes drilled into his torso. His once silver gravity defying hair was dull and matted with blood, falling limply around his face. "Kakashi." Naru brought a hand to touch the ring which hung around her neck, brushing past Tsunade's necklace in the process. A plain band of metal made from melted parts of her father's Hiraishin kunai and Sakumo Hatake's white light chakra sabre.

"What a shame," Madara said mockingly, "Was he you lover?"

"You piece of trash!" Naru growled, "How dare you talk about him like that." She was going to tear the zombie apart and feed the remains to feral animals.

''I share your feelings.'' Kurama rumbled in his cage.

"Trash?" echoed the disillusioned man, "I'm a god! And as soon as I have the Kyuubi my Eye of the Moon plan will finally come to pass." Naru bent down and apologised to her former sensei and lover, pressing a final kiss onto his forehead before reaching for the chain she knew held his own ring of the matching pair. She slipped it off his head and onto her own before shifting into a fighting stance.

"You aren't a god." Naru said seriously, "You are a dead man." Madara merely laughed her off as his chakra began to swirl around him, forming the ever-formidable deity.

"Do you remember Susanoo?" He questioned, "He will be your end." She bristled at his haughty tone with her own chakra seeping from her skin.

"Let's go, Kurama!" A blast of angry, red chakra erupted from her, sending dust flying into the air and pushing back Madara a couple of inches. When the entire mess cleared it was a face-off between a living legend and the Kyuubi no Kitsune.

"I have waited for this day." Kurama told her as the two of them sat together in her mind, remotely detached yet still focused on the fight.

"While I am here he cannot control you," Naru said pleased, "Like this I wonder if he can defeat you." The fox thrashed its tails, slamming the down where Madara had been only moments before.

"It's nice to see you again Kyuubi!" Madara greeted as Susanoo fired off black fireballs.

"Scum!" They both replied with an angry snarl. A ball of energy formed in the fox's mouth before it was ingested and brought back up as a large beam, completely obliterating the opposing fireballs. Madara purely blocked the oncoming attack with a sweep of Susanoo's sword.

"It's no use, I know every one of your abilities." The masked antagonist said in a snide tone. "You'd be better off just giving up."

"I've told you this before teme!" Naru snapped, "I'll never give up and I'll never run. I will defeat you and I never go back on my word. That is my nindo!" Madara sighed as if she was the most pitiful thing he had ever seen.

"And that's why fools like you die so early." He didn't even bother to dodge the next incoming swipe, letting go through him as if he was suddenly mist and reappearing beside the claw.