✔︎ 14

sungji02

sungji02

sungji02
taeyong said it'll be available at 6

peanutju
oookay
my bus leaves at 6 so i'll be there a little after that

sungji02
are you sure i shouldnt pick you up
itll be easier for you

peanutju
it'll be a waste of your time if we're meeting in the middle
it's okay i got my bus pass 💪

sungji02
if you say so

peanutju
we should make a warmup playlist

sungji02
a playlist?
for like stretching?

peanutju
yesss
so we're not in the studio all quiet 😭

sungji02
ohhh good idea
that would be awkward 💀

peanutju sent a link !

sungji02
what kinds of songs should i add

peanutju
just songs that you like
i'm not very picky about music :)

sungji02
reeeaaallyyyy
what if i put
really sad songs in the playlist?

peanutju
is that what you like listening to while you warm up?

sungji02
maybe

peanutju
maybe i am a little picky about music then...

sungji02
i knew it
i was gonna put high bpm songs anyway

——

Heeju stepped onto the bus, her hands buried in the pockets of her sweater. She felt nervous to see Jisung again, wondering if she should've gotten flowers for him this time.

She stared out the window, watching the familiar city pass her by as the bus rolled through the streets. The dance studio wasn't the same one she attended when she did ballet, but it was in a nearby area Heeju knew well.

A feeling tugged at her heart while thinking about her old studio. She missed dancing, the studio and its wooden floors, the speakers that blasted music, the mirrors that took up entire walls, even the ballet bars.

She missed the friends she had made while dancing, how they would talk and gossip as teenagers would while stretching into their splits, how they would complain about their instructors, or gawking over the few male dancers there were.

Heeju wasn't able to keep in contact with them when she had to stop dancing, she didn't have a phone at the time. She hasn't seen any of them in years, the dancing part of her live felt like it died.

Perhaps she felt more nervous about dancing again than seeing Jisung.

She stepped off the bus at her stop and started down the sidewalk, hands still tucked into her pockets. As she walked, she thought about how much she dreaded having to go to work tomorrow.

Jisung had arrived exactly at six o'clock knowing Heeju wouldn't be there yet. His friend and dance studio owner, Taeyong, greeted the boy on his way in and asked where Heeju was.

"She's on her way, she said the bus just left."

"You didn't offer to pick her up?" Taeyong exclaimed.

"I tried! She told me not to! Jaemin yelled at me for it too," Jisung defended, making his way around the front desk and to the dance rooms.

It was a humble studio, quiet at this time of the day. Taeyong only taught one class himself: freestyle. The rest he hired friends to help teach.

Jisung had taken both freestyle and hip-hop classes in his spare time. He was introduced to Taeyong's studio through friends Mark and Donghyuck. 

In an empty practice room, Jisung paced in front of the sound system, scrolling through phone. He couldn't stand still while anticipating Heeju's arrival.

He opened their playlist to see what she might have added after him, curious about her taste in music. 

Who's... Claude Debussy? That's a funny name. I don't recognize any of these artists, they all have like, French or Italian names or something.

He pressed on one of the songs, a soft piano playing from his phone. His brows furrowed as he listened, before a chorus of instruments blared, startling him. CLASSICAL?

The door to the practice room opened, a smiley Taeyong holding it open. Heeju walked in behind, looking a bit nervous as she peered into the empty room. When her eyes finally found Jisung, she smiled and waved, skipping over to him.

"You're listening to the songs I put in? What do you think?" She smiled, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Have fun you two! Come see me before you leave," Taeyong yelled, closing the door behind him.

Jisung turned the music off and smiled in shock, "These are warmup songs?"

Heeju nodded, a smile seemingly stuck on her face as she watching him plug his phone into the sound system. She set her own phone down onto the table nearby and scurried to the middle of the room.

"Shall we start with ballet?"