✔︎ 15

"Point them!"

"Point them!"

"I can't, my shoes-"

"You can! I can see you not doing it through your shoes."

"Through? Do you have x-ray vision?" Jisung exclaimed, surprised and horrified.

Heeju laughed at the boy's flailing feet that refused to stay pointed. He tried his best to follow along with her warmup, listening intently to her instructions as she demonstrated.

But ultimately, he simply could not compare. He watched in amazement as she seemed to fall into the splits for one of their stretches, even folding herself in half at times.

"Does every ballerina do this?" He wondered in awe.

She shook her head, a guilty grin on her face as she explained, "I just wanted to prove that I could still do it after a long time." 

Though she had taught him a lot of important lessons, like feet pointing and alignment, a big part of her instruction was to prove to herself that she was still capable. Heeju knew very well that ballet was no style to do for fun, which is why she didn't force Jisung to do it for very long.

He was relieved she didn't have him doing more chassés or pliés. They turned the classical music off and switched to something a little more modern.

Warmed up enough, Jisung went straight into teaching her how to loosen up her movements. 

During an abrupt move, she felt a sharp pain in the side of her scalp. Her necklace had gotten caught in her hair and was pulling.

"You okay?" Jisung asked, noticing her stop dancing and fiddling with something in her hair.

Heeju nodded, stepping closer to the mirror to get a better sense of how to get it out. "It's just my necklace, it's stuck."

He came closer to inspect, looking down on the small knot. His brows furrowed together in confusion as he wondered how this could've possibly happened.

"Can I try?"

Heeju gladly held the knot still for him to try untangling. "Tell me if i'm hurting you," He said, eyes trained on her necklace.

Jisung was well aware of his aptitude for breaking things. He was clumsy and known for having quite shaky hands. But this he put his entire concentration into, being completely sure to be as gentle with her possible.

She gazed at him through the mirror, smiling to herself at how determined he looked. He would ask her every time he did something if it hurt, or if he could sweep her hair to the other side. 

Once he did set it free, he moved the clasp to the back of her neck and the jewel to the front. It was the first time he noticed that the necklace had two silver snake chains, and the jewel itself was a small purple square.

"It's pretty," He told her, "it suits you." His voice was so soft, the music from the speakers almost drowned him out.

Heeju thanked him nervously and took a step back, catching how close they were facing one another. 

They resumed their dancing for a while, but a little less seriously this time. At some point, they even ended up having a handstand battle to see who could hold it the longest. Jisung couldn't keep his balance for longer than a second.

Taeyong reentered the room, letting the two know that he was closing up for the night. They hadn't expected to stay until closing, time seemed to have flown them by.

"Did you have fun?" Taeyong asked, walking Heeju and Jisung back to the front desk.

"I did!" She gushed, glancing once at Jisung for a brief second, which didn't go unnoticed by Taeyong.

He smiled at her as if he were looking at a younger sister. "Well, you're welcome here any time."

Heeju's smile dropped and she shook her head, waving her hands, "No- that's fine, thank you. I really can't afford it." 

"Oh, don't worry about that." Taeyong seemed to melt seeing her so worried about paying, "You're Jisung's friend, he comes in for free too. He likes to say he single-handedly keeps us from running out of business, but he doesn't even pay for a membership."

Jisung grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck as Heeju laughed at that. "I'll come back for sure then! It was nice meeting you."

The night still felt young, and Heeju didn't feel like going home just yet. She wondered if Jisung had a curfew, but decided to ask him if he wanted to stay out with her longer anyways.

He was slightly caught off guard by this, but was quick to agree. He didn't want his time with her to be over so soon.

 He didn't want his time with her to be over so soon

LOL THEY R SOOOOO CUTE AND SILLY