ten

Maile's P.O.V.

Reaching my room, he is pushing the door open. Finally letting go of my wrists, which are now red.

"Do you need help with anything?" He asks, while turning the lights on.

"Shit" he says looking at me.

I was sitting on my bed, crying like a little baby for its milk.

"Hey hey hey" Grayson said now sitting down next to me, while i try to move away.

"Cmon, Maile. Im sorry" he said, looking me straight in the eye.

"C-Could you please go Grayson?" i said quietly, while looking down.

Silence. Silence is what filled the room.

"Ye-I won't hurt you. Okay? I'm sorry. I just- I get frustrated when it comes to you. Like i can't stand the thought of you being with a boy, even if you're just friends. I don't know how to act. I'm really, really sorry." He said, while i stopped crying cause i feel like i'm overreacting a bit.

"I get that you're protective. Really, i've known that for like 6 years, but Grayson you need to figure your self out..your strength out." Then i pulled up my jacket and showed him my wrists. "Look..That was you. You can say stuff all you want, even tho it'll hurt people, but getting physical is not a way to handle things."

He nodded, with his head hanging low.

"Yes, thank you..again i'm sorry" Grayson said, now standing up.

"I'll make it up to you. I swear, this will never" he took a deep breath "ever happen again. I honestly don't know what i thought i was doing. I guess you just mean a lot to me and when i thought about some random guy touching you, it- it just brought a different side out."

I nodded.

Sometimes you shouldn't say anything, it'll make people think harder, deeper.

"Good night" he said, before leaving the room.

———

The next day.

"Morning" i said, my voice still being raspy from just waking up.

"Yo Maile, come here" Ethan, who was sitting on the couch, screamed.

Now standing in front of him, he pulled me down next to him. His arms securely wrapping around my body.

"Is everything okay? You seemed a li-"

"Yes. Yes Ethan, everything is okay." i said, quickly.

"Hey, i'm very sorry for not sensing that something was wrong yesterday. I was half asleep, walking down the stairs. I didn't care to think, but replaying everything in my head, i just wanted to check, if everything was good, you know?" He said smiling down at me.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Yeah, i don't really wanna talk about it though" I told him. After i said that i could see his eyebrows scrunching up.