10

"Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps."
― William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

🂺

George could definitely control himself around Alex, he thought, while they were preparing to rehearse the new scene again. He was confident he wouldn't fuck up like last time. They would be professional, and he could walk away with a clear mind and no guilty conscience.

"So you pulled me in like this." Alex grabbed George's elbow with one hand and pulled him in slightly. "But the way she did it after school yesterday was a bit more like this..." Alex fisted George's shirt in his hands and pulled him flush against his chest.

"...And I kind of stumbled when she did it, so could we do it her way instead?"

"Sure." George practised miming the movement for a second.

"Ok. I'll say the line, and then you grab me and then I'll continue." Alex was almost vibrating with energy, trying nervously to ensure that George was on the same, professional, page.

"Cool." George nodded, externally much calmer.

"Cathy, this entire time I feel like you've been lying to me. At what point -"

George did exactly as asked. He pulled Alex right in, letting everything line up perfectly, but this time he gave him a few more centimetres of space.

Alex looked so tempted. His eyes didn't even meet George's for more than a moment before they were drawn to his lips. His hand unconsciously pulled at George's jacket.

George felt exactly how Alex looked. But he had resolved himself to be professional. And professional he would be.

He watched Alex's tongue wet his lower lip. Fuck it.

The kiss was less breathless than the first. It held something else. A hunger. It was as though both of them had been anticipating it, wanting it, craving it. The kiss wasn't long, nor short, just right for the scene, George thought.

Alex broke away and finished his lines. He looked pleased.

At the end he turned to George, looking for something to say.

"It wasn't so smooth." George observed, feeling he was walking a fine line.

"You're probably right." Alex nodded. Eyes serious, professional.

"Want to try it again?" George was already in his place.

"Sure." Alex cleared his throat. "Cathy, this entire time i feel like you've been lying to me. At what -"

This time Alex took a lot longer to break away. His lashes were slow to open but it was his hands that were the last to unfurl from George. He finished his lines with a dazed look in his eyes.

George held an internal debate, but Alex seemed to make up his mind for him.

"One more time?"

"Cool."

"Cathy, this entire time I feel like you've been lying to -"

George felt a new electricity hit. It was as though those weeks of watching and listening to Alex disappeared as he found a new drug. He couldn't get bored of this.

His hands slid from Alex's chest to bunch in the fabric behind Alex's hips, pulling the other boy closer, he took a risk and let his tongue slide across the bottom of Alex's lip.

Alex did not break away at all this time. George was the first, and he only did it to push the other boy gently towards the wall. They didn't speak, but the muffled whine Alex gave as George's thumb pressed into his hip bone felt like it echoed around the space.

That's what snapped them out of it.

Alex, seemingly a little woozy, leant half on the wall and half on George for support. He looked around and slapped his hands over his face when he spotted the security camera hiding in the top corner of the theatre room.

"Shit."

George turned to see what he was reacting to and gave the camera a smirk and a wave. He steadied Alex on his feet then stepped away to give him some space.

"Was that, uh, useful for the scene?" George swallowed.

Alex smiled. "I think it will be a little easier now." He found his balance and let George step away from him. "Thanks."

"No problem." George shouldered his bag and made his way out the door, giving Alex a small wave as he went.