Nine

Antonarie Cheri Tremble | Narie.

" Your daughter dating a thug." Uncle Curtis told my mama making her head snap in my direction.

" She's what?!" She looked over at me.

" She dating a damn thug you ain't hear me the first time?" He frowned.

I glared at him shaking my head as he blew me a kiss. " I love you Ant." He teased.

" He's not even a thug." I crossed my arms.

" Dating?" She said again. " Why didn't I know about this?"

" It kind of just happened so there's not really much to tel—"

She sighed hardly standing up from the couch looking at me. " Not really much to tell?"

" Narie ever since I've been here you've barely said two words to m—"

" I said good morning to you earlier." I frowned. " Yea we said good morning to you earlier." Uncle Curtis chimed in.

" You think I care about a good morning when I have to hear that your dating now? Narie why didn't you tell me?" She asked sadly.

" Ever since I've got here you've been so distant and it's making me up—"

" Trice stop talking to that damn girl like you white. Get black bitch! Get black!" Aunt Joyce told her.

" Narie you ready to g— I feel like I just walked into some shit." Kori scratched the back of her head looking between me and my mama.

" Cause you did." Uncle Curtis said.

" Then your always going places every time I turn around you and Kori are never h—"

I frowned my face up slightly growing a bit irritated. " How old am I?" I looked up at her.

" Oop." Uncle Curtis snickered sitting his cup down. " You so damn messy." Aunt Joyce said to him.

" How old is she Trice? Answer her question."

" I did come out here to enjoy my summer. I didn't ask you to come here you came on your own. And I apologize if you feel upset but I have somewhere to be so—"

" Yeah we ain't ask you to come here you came by your damn self!" He stood up in his chair.

" Well I thought you would have wanted to see me." She crossed her arms.

" I did miss you." She mumbled.

" Don't y'all got face call on them phones? You could've face called he—"

" It's called FaceTime pops." Kori told him.

" Same fucking thing." He waved her off.

Hearing sniffling made me look up seeing her drying her eyes.

" Bitch toughen up!" Uncle Curtis slapped her on the back.

" Crying and shit cause she don't wanna hang out. You need to go back to DC!" He laughed.

" Really?" I walked near her pulling her hands from her face."I just feel like I'm losing you."