It's a date but not a date

(Sorry this chapter took so long, writer's block, ya know?)

Patton

Hey, Virgie! I don't have any afternoon classes today, and I was just wondering if you wanna hang with me! There's this dog park I love with this great ice cream place around the corner, we gotta go!

Virgil

Sure, is it okay if I bring Kitten? He hardly gets out because my landlord doesn't like dogs.

Patton

You have a dog named Kitten?! That is so cute!

Virgil

Could you pick me up? My car's engine is blown and I'm kinda lazy.

Patton

Sure!

Patton

Oh, this is kind of off-topic, but if you're ever going through an anxiety attack like at the party, you can always call me!

Virgil

Uh, thanks pat, I'll keep that in mind...

~~~

Patton pressed the buzzer labeled with Virgil's last name and waited. About 3 minutes later, Virgil was out of breath running down the stairs to come get Patton. As they started up the stairs, Patton decided to start a conversation.

"This apartment complex seems nice."

"Thanks, it's not, but thanks."

"How's college."

"A drag, how are religious studies?"

"Ugh, don't ask." Giggles Pat.

Virgil laughed back, "Don't worry."

"So you really want to move to Salem after school?"

"Yeah, I've been practicing Wicca for a long time now, and I think it'll be good for me to be in a place with so much energy. Also, I just love the town."

"Wait, you actually practice witchcraft! What's that like?"

"Well, it's very spiritual, has to do a lot with nature and the structure of the universe. I like it because I get to worship Greek deities and I love learning and using the meanings behind things."

"That's so cool, kiddo! I'm an atheist, but I'm a BIG nature person."

"That's good, being a nature person makes you grounded."

"Was that- was that a pun?"

"Huh. I guess it is."

Patton stopped walking to break into a fit of giggles, and to Virgil that was adorable. Unfortunately, this got the attention of a certain neighbor behind the door Patton stood in front of. Patton stopped laughing as the door opened to reveal a short 62-year-old lady who must've smoked a pack a day.

"What's all the ruckus?"

"Sorry, Miss, my friend just said the funniest thing."

"Hey, Deb. This is my friend Pat from Remy's coffee shop. Patton this is Deborah, she's my downstairs neighbor."

"Lovely to meet you, Patton. Little advice from me to you, you called me miss... never assume someone's gender."

"Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry!"

"Now don't worry about it, I am cis, I just know some people. Like my sister's first daughter, little sweetheart is trans. Love her to death, but she doesn't exactly pass just yet. I'm very protective."

"It's a good quality to have, Deb."

"I know, Virge, I know. Now, Patton, better keep an eye on this fellow to my right. He is a keeper."

"He's just a friend, Deb."

Something in Patton seemed to falter, but Virgil blinked and it was gone.

"Whatever, just congratulations for finally having a boy over. Now, if you excuse me, I've got some real housewives to attend too."

"Okay, Deb, talk to ya later."

The door shut, and the two muffled their giggles as they ran to Virgil's apartment. When they opened the door, however, Virgil was attacked by Kitten kissing and jumping on him.

"Ah! Kit, down!"

"Aw, Kitten is a mastiff!"

"Yeah, real friendly though. Do you want something to drink or- Ah! Kit stahahahahp!"

Patton chuckled at Kitten's violent attack on his friend, "No, I'm good."

"Virgil, I'd like to thank you- oh, you have a guest. Hello, Patton, I was not aware you were here. I heard Virgil get attacked by his dog like he usually does when he comes home, and simply wanted to thank him for the 'break up basket' he gave me last week. It helped a lot."

"Don't worry about it, dude. I never would have used it and you were at a low. But trust me, you should try after Dee."

Patton's eyes widened.

~~~

Patton

DEE, LO TOTALLY LIKES YOU BACK!

Patton

I'm over at Virgil's and he came by about some breakup kit and Virge mentioned how he likes you!!!!!

Patton

AAAAAAHHHHH!

Dee

You're kidding.

Patton

No! Besides your practically made for each other!

Dee

Shut up!

Patton

He likes you~~~~

~~~

Dee

Patton's over *insert suggestive emoji*

Virgil

Shut up, asshole *middle finger emoji*