CHAPTER FIVE

FIVE: MEET CLIFFORD BANKS.

It was third period and I was already running late for chemistry class. I had a free second period and I spent it in the library since Lucy was having Home  Eco. Class and I had lost track of time.

Normally, I would leave the library twenty minutes before second period ended but now it was six minutes before second period ends and I am rushing through the busy Halls of Greenfield High School which is filled with teens here and there, sprawled out at every corner.

I stopped when I bumped into a tall figure. Taking a few steps back and regaining composure, I am able to see what I bumped into or rather whom.

He was tall, had a set of blue eyes which was adorable with his dark hair that fell over his forehead.

"I'm so sorry." I say, shyly looking down at my sliver flat shoes.

Hold up! Since when am I shy? I am never shy.

"It's okay," He says calmly.  "I can see why you were in a rush." He smiles, a smile that shows his deep dimples as he eyes the chemistry textbook in my hand. "Bradford is hard on students. Freshmen mostly."

"Yeah, he is." I say agreeing with this stranger, I am having a casual conversation with, as if we knew one another before. I finally raise my head up to catch his blue eyes directly on me and I withdraw my eyes immediately, taking them back to where they were previously focusing on.

"Clifford Banks," he finally introduces himself. "And you are?"

"De....." I get cut off by the sound of the bell.

Oh shit! No, no, no, no, no, I'm late for class.

I quickly rush by Clifford without uttering a word.

.......

I was interrupted from the sound of Bryson Tiller singing ' don't ' when a tall figure sat beside me . It definitely could not be Lucy. I turned to see Clifford staring at me with amusement clear in his blue eyes that somehow said a lot and a smile spread across his lips, but not the smile from before that shows off his deep dimples.

"De..... Right?" He says teasingly with a smug grin still spread across his lips.

"It's actually Debby. Debby Walters. Sorry about the other time in the hall." I apologized.

"Don't. I get it. I had to deal with the man for a whole year. They make every freshman go through the torture of having him for a chem. Teacher."

"A whole year? He hated you that bad?" I ask.

He chuckles, " I guess. But then, he hates everyone so no surprise there."

I give a small laugh at his attempt of a joke which actually worked and was cute.

We chatted about other things like his history with teachers, some good, some bad, music , movies, actors and some other basic things and that's how I met Clifford Banks.

Hope you are enjoying the story. Please share, comment and vote. Thank you. Ilysm.