CHAPTER TEN

TEN: A DAY OF FUN.

"Where are we going?" I ask Clifford as he drags me by the hand.

"You'll see." He grinned widely.

We stopped at the park.

"The park?"

"Yes. The park." He nodded.

"We already found the letters, Clifford." I sigh.

"I know. Just come." He leads me past the crowd of children that has already surrounded us and into a open space.

"I don't understand what we are doing here again Clifford, I really just want to be......" I get cut off.

"Stop whining, would you?"

"You know, I just might think you are trying to kill me Banks."

He laughs, "in your dreams Walters."

He stops.

"Lucy? Emily?" I ask in confusion and partly in shock. "What are you guys doing here?" I look around them and find a brown picnic basket on top of a red and white blanket.

"I am sorry that I haven't been  around lately, Dee. Just been so busy." Lucy walks towards me and hugs me.

"That's okay." I say still confused but wrap my arms around her anyways. "But someone explain what is going on here, please?"

"We decided to have a day of fun, sis!" Emily yells in joy.

"Seriously?" I smile, thinking it's a joke at first but seeing all their expressions, I realized it wasn't. "Guys, I am really tired and I just want to be home."

I begin to turn around and start to walk away but Clifford is fast to grab a hold of my wrist before I walk off to far.

"Give it a chance, Walter. You never have fun."

"What? I have fun. I'm free spirited." I disagree although it's actually true.

" Name one time you were free spirited." Clifford say, making air quote when he said, ' free spirited ' .

"Uhmmmm....... Well, when we crashed the cafeteria last week and we got detention."

Clifford frowns, "that was the movie we watched last week, Dee. So see, you never have fun. Just give it a try."

"Fine." I give up knowing I can never win this.

  If you enjoyed this chapter, Please vote. Thank you 💖

Also, thank you to everyone that has commented, voted or even added this book to your reading list. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much!!!

If I have not replied your comments, I am so sorry and I will try to reply it.